Do weight loss extracts work??

Options
I just bought Green Coffee Bean Extract thats supposedly boosts your metabolism, and I bought the Garcinia Cambogia that curbs your appetite. Appearantly Dr. Oz promoted both of these extracts. Im nervous about trying them. Has anyone tried them? If so did it work, or did I just waste my money???

Replies

• HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz doesn't even lift.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I just bought Green Coffee Bean Extract thats supposedly boosts your metabolism, and I bought the Garcinia Cambogia that curbs your appetite. Appearantly Dr. Oz promoted both of these extracts. Im nervous about trying them. Has anyone tried them? If so did it work, or did I just waste my money???

waste of money
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Why would you buy something then ask if they work? And do you happen to be a rat?
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Next time, do the research before you spend the money...
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    STAHP.

Back away from Dr. Oz. Seriously.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Since Dr. Oz seems to be changing daily on "what works", I don't put much faith in anything he promotes. If I took all the supplements he has hawked there wouldn't be any room left in my stomach for real food. I used to think well of him, but not anymore, sadly.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you just wasted your money.

If Dr Oz is pushing the miracle product of the month you know it's nothing more than 21st century snake oil. Unscrupulous vendors (and shills) take advantage of the fact that many overweight people are desperate for help, what's really disappointing in his case is that he is a brilliant doctor and could be using his talents to really help people. Unfortunately the message of "eat less, move more" isn't a money maker; we live in an era of labour saving devices and instant gratification and "eat less, move more" takes time and requires effort.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Quick answer: No.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    They'll work with a good diet and exercise program, like all fitness scams.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    STAHP.

Back away from Dr. Oz. Seriously.

This! no kidding!
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    First it was Dr. Phil...now it's Dr. Oz....
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes, they did exactly what they are supposed to. Get your money out of your wallet and into theirs.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Does getting angry because you just got suckered out of hard earned cash boost your metabolism?
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a crackpot.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    No. Just no
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    nope
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    homer_lurk.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a snake oil salesman. Seriously. Back away from the pills. The only thing that's going to be able to change you is you. That's it. Hard work and dedication. There is no magic pill.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Do you honestly think the difference between You and Goal Weight You is some garbage squeezed out of a coffee bean?