Need help starting over yet again!

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
So here I am again. I have started this journey many times and always fail. Now I have my fiance to help with the motivation cause he as well wants to loose weight. So that helps. But I cant seem to get or stay motivated. I do all the research and shopping and meal planning but I end up not following it. I make plans to workout and never do. I hate the way I look. And because I lost my job in May I have been badly depressed again and stopped eating except once a day at dinner time and then eating ice cream and drinking beer nightly. So yeah I have lost about 12lbs but its all because I in a way stopped eating. Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Build new habits one at a time. It is overwhelming when we try to change every single thing at once. Pick one thing - maybe it is just drinking more water to begin or walking around the block each evening. Once that is a habit - move to the next. The thing about this weight loss journey is just that - it's a journey. It is not an overnight trip. For me that was the biggest idea to grasp. You can do this!!!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Tracking what I eat/drink is the only thing that has worked for me.

It would really help if both you and your fiance are logging it in here. Focus on tracking whatever you consume, and no recriminations about blowing your limit. I had to log a whole big bag of Doritos last week for an afternoon snack, which I'm now unlikely to repeat anytime soon. Logging calories drives awareness.

Tracking should also help you shift to eating better at breakfast and lunch.