Eggs

Options
13»

Replies

• TeresaB12345
    TeresaB12345 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use one whole egg and a serving of the carton egg whites mixed together. The carton doesn't have any extra ingredients - just the egg white but they are tastier w the whole egg mixed in.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The drive to cut out the yolks goes back to the low-fat-is-the-way-to-lose-weight ideas of the past. More recent science shows that excess carbohydrates present more of a problem. You should limit saturated fats but fat-free is no longer the way to go. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/fats-and-cholesterol/
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    NEOHgirl wrote: »
    I eat the whole egg - more nutritional bang for the buck, literally & figuratively. When I was baking a white cake from scratch, I had to use only the whites, and wondered what I would do with the yolks because I didn't want to waste them. You can look up how to freeze them properly for use later; I think it was basically add a little salt, scramble, & freeze in a plastic bag, but it's been a few years and I might be wrong. Besides, if you aren't eating yolks, what you you personally possibly use them for? I ended up buying some of the egg white cartons and mixing those in with a little bit of the saved yolks to essentially get back to a whole egg.

You could probably just freeze them as is. Eggs freeze really well raw in the shell. During winter most of the eggs I eat will have been frozen because they freeze in the coop before I gather them up.
    OK, I have the same issue, my eggs always freeze, but it's ok to thaw them and eat them?