51 down, 110 to go!

Options
I *finally* got back down to that magical 50 pounds down number! Last time I hit this weight, was over 2 years ago! (September 2014)

I got to 50 pounds down, then moved. Moving is super stressful to begin with, but my husband is a pastor and we moved so he could start at his first church, and everyone there was super crazy generous when we got here. We got so many food things (read: baked sweets) as gifts, and we didn't have a deep freezer yet. So I was stressed, and it was there, so I ate. Then my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super bowl all happened, and I gained about 20 back.

And just as I was about to get myself back on track, I got pregnant.

I gained a ton during pregnancy (almost 50 pounds!), but it was all fluid retention and baby (he was 9lb 12oz and 23 inches long at birth!), because it had all disappeared within 2 weeks of getting home from the hospital. Then it was holidays again, and I was breastfeeding for 12 months, and my child was hungry all the time, and so I was hungry all the time, and I didn't make the best food choices. I made the quick food choices. So I gained some more.

When I restarted again in July of 2016 I was 315 pounds. So, still down 15 from my high of 330, but still not the 50 pounds down I'd hit almost 2 years before.

Today I weighed in at 279.8! So, 35 pounds since July, and 50 total since I started in May 2014.

50 pounds in two and a half years doesn't really *seem* like a big deal, but I'm really happy to be here again, and not feeling like I'm about to give up! I still have a long way to go, and I'm still feeling happy with my progress, and motivated to keep going.

My path has not been a straight one, but it hasn't turned completely around yet, so onward to my next mini goal! :)

(Thanks for reading, and if this sounds like a story you can relate to, feel free to send me a friend request!)

Replies

• mibeans
    mibeans Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Way to go! So what if it's taken you awhile to get down. It's going away, that is all that matters. Keep up the good work.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am definitely happy with the derailment. My little dude is the best thing in the world. I wouldn't trade him for anything. :D
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement so far! Keep it up!

Feel free to add me so we can support and motivate each other