Nothing seems to tatses good

Options
My doctor put me on Phentermine. I am not opposed to it. But I sturggle finding food that tastes remotely good, or I can barely get thru a small meal. I don't have a problem with it other than I know I need to eat and don't really have an interest in it. Any tips or suggestions would be helpful. I know the side effects and the dangers of taking this medication. I assure you, I am closely monitored and I am not taking this just to try something new out.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to make food taste good when you have no interest, but I'd make you doctor aware of this. It could be that you need the dose adjusted.
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to make food taste good when you have no interest, but I'd make you doctor aware of this. It could be that you need the dose adjusted.

I have an appointment coming up, was going to mention this. Was just wondering if anyone else here has been or is currently on this and what worked for them like small meals and get thru it ( benefits out weigh the annoying aspect) or snacking through out the day...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Although the recommendations on this page are for chemo, they might help you, too. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/in-depth/cancer/art-20047536