Weight loss when trying to gain weight

Options
pashionw236
pashionw236 Posts: 8 Member
I know when u first work out, lose gain weight then you lose it. Everytime I weigh myself, I see it decreasing now. What should I do to get my weight up?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How long has it been and how many calories are you eating?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

This is a list of calorie dense foods that will help increase your calorie intake without increasing volume too much.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat more...
  • pashionw236
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    How long has it been and how many calories are you eating?

2500 and I've been working out since Dec 13th. I started out @ 113 and within 2 weeks, I was at 121 but now I'm at 118
  • pashionw236
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

This is a list of calorie dense foods that will help increase your calorie intake without increasing volume too much.

Thank you, because it's hard reaching goals when I get full easily
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

Thank you, because it's hard reaching goals when I get full easily

You're welcome. You can always try drinking your calories as well. Easy to get down what you need in a shake than solid food on your plate.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I first started gaining. I gained really fast then lost some of it!
    Just keep an eye on it and increase your calories if you carry on losing. The link posted above is really helpful.
    And I understand about getting full quickly. It's not as simple as just "eating more" If it were that easy,we wouldn't be here asking for help!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Stay at 2500 for a few more weeks and see what your weight does. If it continues to fall, increase calories. If it remains at 118, increase. If it bumps back up, stay at 2500. Its all trial, error, and tracking.

Also, what do your workouts consist of? You should be limiting cardio and increasing weights when trying to gain.
  • shannon_m_taylor
    shannon_m_taylor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agreed on so many parts here. Unfortunately if you're naturally slender like yourself (and I'm included) and have to fight for every pound it can be very discouraging to see the scale go down. Ride the wave for a little longer and keep the cardio down. I'm in contest prep, 10 weeks out, and only do 10 min of HIIT 3x a week. Best of luck on your gainz!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Get your noms on...