New Group: Diet, Exercise, Water, Commitment

Options
AliceWinston
AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
Hi, I have done this many times before It has worked for me and hundreds of others over and over.
Runs are simple:
Post your monthly goals. You can change the next month. Start out with very EZ goals.

Replies

• AliceWinston
    Options
    Post the following for the month (rest Jan):
    1. Daily calories for you ( between 1000-2000) or WW points. Most of us will select 1200-1300, but start with something easy enough you succeed. Log it daily on MFP.
    2. Weekly exercise time (minimum 2.5 hr, the minimum AMA, Heart Assoc, etc. Recommend. However, if you haven't exercised in forever and can't stand the thought, start with an hour. )Must include, weekly, at least 10 min of each of: a. Stretching, like yoga, pilates, whatever. b. Aerobic.c. Weights, hand, crunches, ankle and leg, again, whatever you will do. Log it daily. Point is to get started!!!!
    3. Water, at least 64 Oz daily, basically 8, 8oz glasses. Log it daily. Alcohol doesn't count. Herbal, decaf tea counts. Can count max of 2 cups of am coffee.
    4. Post in this group 2x week. Set your monthly goals at the beginning. Disclose your weight and measurements if you feel ok with it. Measure yourself within the first month, and at least once per month thereafter, when you post your monthly goals. When you post, encourage someone who is struggling,congratulations to someone, and motivate yourself. Also, please start discussions. Examples: I have too many calories in wine or beer with friends. Social eating. Injuries. Salt addiction. Whatever you need...it will help others.
  • AliceWinston
    Options
    Alice
    T Goal, lose 25 pd
    January Commitment:
    1. 1500 cal per day, lots of social, travel going on
    2. 3 hr plus ex per week, ending Sunday night
    3. 8 glasses water per day
  • LesleyEcksmann
    LesleyEcksmann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am keen to do a challenge like this.. I need desperately to get started on my journey but this is my first post so need some guidance. I have just jumped in, not sure how the site or forum works yet but will figure it out as I go.

Is this a group or do we just post on this thread?
  • AliceWinston
    Options
    Both. Welcome! Just follow alice above, me, and post your goals for the remaining weeks of January.