SAHMs 7/5 - 7/11

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hi there I just saw this thread. I too am a SAHM. Its hard with kids in general to eat better. I have hard time throwing out whats left on thier plates at meal time. If its just a few bites i end up eating it instead of waisting the food. I started just skimping alittle on my plate if we have something I know they wont eat all of so if i end up eating their food its ok. Or so I tell myself lol.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, I will talk more later!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome CudyBug! Just making one change at a time helps and don't look at the full picture if you get too overwhelmed or down on yourself. One mini goal at a time.

Well it still has been very stressful here I have not had the time to sit down and log my food but I am hoping to be able to get back to tracking soon. Thank you Trish for the offer of venting I will get back to you on that one. It might take a while to explain all that has happened and I wouldn't do it all justice if I gave a short version. Even though it has been stressful I have still tried to get in some exercise. I am hoping to get back to every day except Sunday this week. I guess we will see what happens.

How was everyone's 4th of July weekend?!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Welcome CudyBug! I have just recently stopped feeling guilty about throwing those last few bites out, or I put them in a baggie and give it to them when they get hungry again (depending on what it is of course) You'll get there, one step at a time :)

Katie ~ Sorry about all the stress, I pray things start looking better for you!

Our Fourth was uneventful, it rained quite a bit this weekend. My hubby and I did get to go golfing yesterday though! Our youngest didn't like the fireworks, but our oldest thought they were the coolest things ever ;)

Lost .5 this week, hoping for more next week, one of these days I'll get out of the 140s, right?? I came close once and then gained 5lbs...grrr!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any good kid friendly easy recipes. Every once in a while i get tired of making the same stuff and want to start doing something new. Right now our main dishes are speghetti, lasagna, hamburger helper, chicken and tatoes and chili. Im also looking for some nice summer recipes since it just kills me to cook hot stuff in the summer especially here its going to be in the 90s all week with no a/c in the kitchen. My son acts like veggies or fruits are diseased and wont even touch them so anything I can hide veggies in would be great too. My daughter eats her veggies and fruit like candy. Guess it would be insane to think I could get two kids who love the good stuff hehehe.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm back ... again! Now that VBS is over and we're back from our vacation, I'm going to be working hard on losing weight. We ate horribly on vacation, but I was active enough that I only gained a lb! :bigsmile:

The day we left I actually ran 3 tenths of a mile nonstop! Haven't gone running since last Wednesday, but I'm hoping to go this evening. We were up in the mountains of southwestern Virginia and walked part of the Virginia Creeper Trail. I am so proud of my kids! They walked almost 6 miles! There was some complaining, but they did so well!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hey yall!! im fairly new to MFP but im here! im a sahm to a gorgeous little 4 year old girl. ive tried all the diets i can think of and i never seem to get past the first two weeks. well im officially on week 2 and going strong!
  • bsparks81
    bsparks81 Posts: 29
    Options
    Can I join? I'm a SAHM of 2 girls, 4 and 2 yrs old. Trying to stay motivated...
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Of Course you can Becky!! :):) Everyone, this is on of my besties, Becky (bsparks81)! Our kids will get married one day ;) haha

Welcome Liz! Congrats on your loss so far!

Welcome back Amy! Congrats on your run!! :)

Cudy ~ I'll try to find some for ya later tonight

Off to the gym for workout #1, hopefully I can go to Zumba and get in #2 later!
  • amypyr
    Options
    I hope no one minds, but I"m going to start posting my daily goals again. I had much more success when I did. It's not much today, but my goal is to drink 60 oz of water today. I've only been getting about 40, so this is an increase. Hope everyone is having a good morning!
  • blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I hope you all had a great holiday weekend and stayed good on the calories. I did OK, I have put my calories up to a 1 lb loss a week so I feel like I am overeating when I eat them all and my workout cals too. I overall just feel like a slacker lately but then I log in all my calories and most days I still come in under...no loss in a little while though. I haven't been on the scale in almost a week so we'll see how it treats me tomorrow.

We are having a heat wave here in New England. The kids and I have enjoyed swimming at the lake next to our house in the evenings and doing lots of summer reading during the day. I love this kind of weather but have a hard time getting motivated to run in it. Swimming has been my exercise of choice for the past few days :)

Next weekend my friend is having a wedding dress brunch. All of us silly homeschool moms are going to dress up in our wedding dresses and bring our daughters dressed as flower girls and have brunch together lol! This has been a plan for a long time and my goal was to be able to fit in my dress by the brunch...I haven't tried it on in a few months so I'm hoping all goes well when I do!

I hope you are all doing great and enjoying the beauty of summer.
  • amypyr
    Options
    It's been a great day! I made my goal of 60 oz of water! :happy:

I also went running today for the first time in a week! I was sure I was going to back-track a bit since the last time I went a week without running I back-tracked. But I ran 3 tenths of a mile again tonight! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I even ran a little further ... 5 or 6 feet, but it was further! I pushed myself hard. But I did it! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    just marking so i can get back to later.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    It's been a great day! I made my goal of 60 oz of water! :happy:

I also went running today for the first time in a week! I was sure I was going to back-track a bit since the last time I went a week without running I back-tracked. But I ran 3 tenths of a mile again tonight! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I even ran a little further ... 5 or 6 feet, but it was further! I pushed myself hard. But I did it! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    yay yay!!
  • amypyr
    Options
    Good morning! Since I made my water goal yesterday, I'm going to increase it today. I won't be able to go running this evening since Tony has to work in Greensboro today and tomorrow, so it's an overnight trip for him.

Goals today:

Drink 70 oz of water
    Log at least most of my food (hopefully I'll remember to do this)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i think if i could get exercising regularly again, i could eat better too. at least that's what's worked before.

definitely helps with water! good luck amy.
    i'm aiming for 40 oz water--and taking the boy to the pool. later girls!
  • mrs3stan
    mrs3stan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kristan, mommy to Patrick, 22months old. I currently live in Germany, and hubby is in Iraq for 4 more months!

My goal this week, well, the rest of this week, is to start my exercise up again. We've been sick this week. :(
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    hey gals,

Can I join this group of stay at home mom?

I have been on this journey for quite some time and recently lost my motivation. I feel I am slipping through the cracks.

I am happy married to a wonderful man for 15 years. I am a mother of 3 children ( 14 y/o, 13 y/o, and 4 y/o). I need to lose about 40 - 50 pounds..at this point I am happy to lose 10. I am struggling every single day because my kids are home and well they love to eat lots of snacks..

hope to get to know each and every one of you.

have a great day!
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and hello newbies!

I wondered where everyone had gone and there were no new posts when I checked it in my topics, then I realised that the week had changed and there would be a new post! Duh!

Am going really well with P90X and am loving it! Its a bit difficult finding the time though. My Hubby started to do it too but crashed out after the first workout. He said it was too difficult! The only one I don't like is Yoga X. Think I will substitute it for plyometrics a few times. Haven't lost any weight yet tho. Scales are firmly staying put!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies!

It has been a day filled with cleaning, cleaning and some more cleaning. Now caught up on the cleaning so now to just maintain it. :smile:

Though I haven't gotten back into the habit of logging my food I did get in a bike ride yesterday and hoping for another tonight. I have not been doing as good with the water though so of course I think that I am retaining water (fingers are a bit swollen).

Way to go Amy on the water goal met! Good luck Stacey on the regular exercise and getting back on track with better eating. Way to go Princessleia on the P90X. I have done a few of the videos with the hubby. The abripper x whooped my butt! I liked the cardio x and the yoga x is hard to get used to but it really isn't that bad. I love how relaxed I feel after doing it! I would have to say that is my fav of the ones that I have done. Sorry to hear that the hubby crashed out after the first go!

Hope everyone is having a great week/day!