Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of My Life,

Options
So why do I already feel like hiding in the shower and shedding a few tears?
Also, I should have had pizza for dinner last night, dammit.
All that said today is day 1 of getting in shape and I'm committed to succeeding.
Any words of wisdom, stern talking to's when I mention pizza, and laughs along the way are all welcome.
I'm going to get my health back on track and I'm going to do it with a smile on my face and gratuitous use of the F word.
Cheers all,
Ian.

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! weigh and track all of your food...it's a new way of life. You will see that you can still have that pizza...maybe not as much and not as often and without a &*%load of fatty meat toppings, but you can totally fit it in to a weight loss plan. Seeing that you are of the male persuasion too, you will probably annoy the heck out of a lot of us women here (okay maybe just me) with how fast the pounds come off! ;)
  • fatfreeian
    fatfreeian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lol. Thanks Suruda!
    Great news about the pizza too! Thanks for the tips and good news. I'll try not annoy anyone, (I think I just lost 2 lbs typing this response.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...You got this ....wishing you much success :)
  • newsandie911
    newsandie911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ian it's my first day as well. I wish you the best of luck. Anytime you want to chat....let me know
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I still have pizza, but now I have only the crispy thin type. It's either this or I just eat the toppings (since I am doing low carb this is the best way for me) - from time to time I still do have pizza, though, but it was one of the hardest things for me to cutback on.
  • pboceo
    pboceo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.....pizza (yes, use a Homer Simpson voice when you say that)....all good things in moderation. :wink: and with exercise.
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to better yourself! I was on a similar journey about 2 years ago (started at 300lb and now173lbs) and with help and encouragement from my MFP friends (along with others in my life) I was able to loose about 130lbs. That journey has ended only to start a new one which is to maintain my weight in the long term. Feel free to friend me and Ill be happy to assist in anyway I can.