Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help me gain!

I am 22, 95 lbs, and about 5 foot tall. I have tried everything from quit smoking to eatting like crazy. What am i doing wrong? Whats the quickest way to gain the most?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    You just need to be in a caloric surplus. Make sure to log your food consistently. Eat more calories if you're not gaining.
  • dmiivanov
    dmiivanov Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2017
    Squats, deadlifts (only with proper form) and bench press and pull ups (or pull downs ). Also, only with correct form , or else muscles won't grow!! 3 sets of 8 reps each. when it gets to easy add slightly more weight.
    Oh and of course, protein (chicken , beef, eggs, milk, cottage cheese ... ), 1g / lb of body weight , that's at least 95 g / day for you . Plus everything else that you eat.
    and sleep a lot, and do your weight workouts only twice per week, each lifting session no longer than 40 min ..
    10-15 min moderate pace cardio, twice per week, on days when you don't lift could be useful too, it'll get your appetite going.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Lift weights
    Caloric surplus
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    dmiivanov wrote: »
    Squats, deadlifts (only with proper form) and bench press and pull ups (or pull downs ). Also, only with correct form , or else muscles won't grow!! 3 sets of 8 reps each. when it gets to easy add slightly more weight.
    Oh and of course, protein (chicken , beef, eggs, milk, cottage cheese ... ), 1g / lb of body weight , that's at least 95 g / day for you . Plus everything else that you eat.
    and sleep a lot, and do your weight workouts only twice per week, each lifting session no longer than 40 min ..
    10-15 min moderate pace cardio, twice per week, on days when you don't lift could be useful too, it'll get your appetite going.

- All lifting should be with correct form
    - You can still gain muscle with bad form but you increase risk of injury
    - 0.6g/lb of protein is sufficient for the average persob
    - Working out twice a week isn't enough to stimulate muscle growth
    - Workouts should be as long as they need to be not an arbitrary limit
    - 10-15 minutes cardio won't do much
    - Cardio suppresses some peoples appetite
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I am 22, 95 lbs, and about 5 foot tall. I have tried everything from quit smoking to eatting like crazy. What am i doing wrong? Whats the quickest way to gain the most?

eat in a surplus consistently.

Lift heavy stuff