Got Married and Did Not Log! Gained 7 pounds in 3 days!

Options
2»

Replies

• RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You enjoyed your wedding (congrats!) and now it is back to the grind. Even if it WAS that much (which is isn't) who cares? YOUR wedding is a good excuse to cut loose! Now you are back to real life so focus back and you will be fine! A couple of pounds isn't going to set you back if you don't let it.
  • laurasjourney88
    laurasjourney88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    congrats on your wedding!!!! I'm getting married in 2 months. I probably wont be logging for at least a week! after my wedding day we are going away for 5 nights. I'm just going to make sure I don't pig out and get into bad habits! Main thing is I will enjoy myself!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    RAxB wrote: »
    You enjoyed your wedding (congrats!) and now it is back to the grind.

I'd prefer to think of it as "back to normal." :)

• joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    So I got married this past Saturday and I didn't log for 3 days. I ate what I wanted and I ate horribly. I will admit. Heck I deserved it. I also drank which I haven't done in months. I gained 7 pounds!!!! In 3 days!!! How is that even possible?? I have lost 40 since the beginning of November and I went right back to the grind today. Maybe it's water weight from sodium? I don't add salt to my food at home and restaurants do of course. Maybe the alcohol? I'm so discouraged. I know I deserved to eat well and celebrate with my family but 7 pounds? Holy moly. Going to drink more water now. Sigh.

Don't stress, that's likely just water weight from increased carbs and sodium. There is 3500 calories in a lb of fat. There is NO WAY you ate 24,500 calories OVER maintenance in 3 days. Essentially I'm saying it's impossibly you put on 7lbs of fat.
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'd prefer to think of it as "back to normal." :)

[/quote]

Ha! Good call. I thought more like work, as logging at this point is normal, but I agree! :)
  • md78245
    md78245 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Water weight. ..... congratulations
  • jomariewill
    jomariewill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So I've lost 3 pounds of it since posting this and it's also almost that lovely time of the month that I totally forgot about. Add 5 pounds right there. Shoot.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So I got married this past Saturday and I didn't log for 3 days. I ate what I wanted and I ate horribly. I will admit. Heck I deserved it. I also drank which I haven't done in months. I gained 7 pounds!!!! In 3 days!!! How is that even possible?? I have lost 40 since the beginning of November and I went right back to the grind today. Maybe it's water weight from sodium? I don't add salt to my food at home and restaurants do of course. Maybe the alcohol? I'm so discouraged. I know I deserved to eat well and celebrate with my family but 7 pounds? Holy moly. Going to drink more water now. Sigh.

It was ur weeding it's okay to splurge occasionally even when dieting
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So I've lost 3 pounds of it since posting this and it's also almost that lovely time of the month that I totally forgot about. Add 5 pounds right there. Shoot.

Seeee.......totally natural!

By the way-

To_Have_an_Front_635876098769594067.jpg