Looking for some motivation and accountability on my weight loss journey

Options
lizgonzalez0309
lizgonzalez0309 Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2017 in Getting Started
Hi everyone! I guess I just reached the point were I'm just tired of always being sick and tired. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2015. Other health issues came up and in April 2016 I decided to become vegan. My husband is not vegan but very supportive in anyway he can be. I am looking forward to meet a great group of people who can help motivate me through my journey. My goal is to lose 25-30 lbs by June and see how I feel then go from there. I am all for how I feel not what my number is. Hopefully I can help motivate others as well.

Replies

• jenwil1999
    jenwil1999 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz! I'm happy to join you. Feel free to add me. You can read my story on my profile.

I'm not vegan - love well-cooked meats - but eat mostly vegetables. I'm from LA and miss the Mediterranean-influenced California foods. I would love to ask.... Why did you choose to go vegan? I know a lot of people taut the health benefits, but with my limited knowledge of diabetes, it seems like avoiding meats wouldn't help much with the need to monitor/manage carbs. Just curious.
    I am all for how I feel not what my number is.

Also, I think this is SOOOO important! I'm also looking to lose 30 lbs by summer, then keep going. I probably need to lose 80+, but am just setting goals for 20-30 lbs at a time.