Holiday F Up!!

Gained more weight in two weeks than all year! Struggling to get on track

Replies

• FS717
    FS717 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2017

It happens to me a lot. I eat heavy meals and snacks in between. Good thing you shared this after 2 weeks, not more.

What I usually do whenever I'm in such struggle, I start the day by eating nothing. I skip breakfast and drink water as often as I can. Move around the house or go out walking for a while. once I have lunch, I try my best to have a snack 3 hours later and dinner 3 hours after that. And for the food choices, I go with what I usually eat, I just cut down the portions. That way, I control the meal timings without shocking my appetite in eating something I don't like, which results an early give-up.

You will gradually get back on track as long as you move around and drink a lot of water.

Give your self some time to get into the habit, don't expect quick results.
    I'm sure someone else would have better solutions, but this is what I usually do to overcome this.

Good luck!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    you do what you have to do, if its important to you.

one day of gluttony does not make a difference - 2 weeks, as you see, DOES.

Thanksgiving, Xmas, and my bday are the only days i dont pay any attention to what or how much i eat. and .... it doesnt make a difference. days leading up to and after, are normal eating days for me.

plan your meals and snacks. weigh and log everything (even if you are over on your calories). Work out.

wash, rinse, repeat.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member

That's kind of typical. On average people gain about a pound per year, but often what that amounts to is that a person doesn't gain anything for most of the year and then they overeat during special times without cutting back later to make up for it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    It's likely to be a lot of water weight and some fat. Get back into a deficit and it'll go.