Hello all!

Options
Hi everyone! Checking in for the first time on the community section after setting an 11 day streak using the app! I discovered it a few days after starting an LCHF diet and so far all is going well - almost a stone lost in the first two weeks through a well balanced Macro diet and a significant increase in my activity levels. I've added 3 strength training sessions per week to the exercise I was already getting which came in the form of drumming (I play professionally in a couple of working bands) and dancing - I do Latin & Ballroom dancing twice a week, both of which are excellent full body cardio workouts. Everything seems to be going well so far; I missed out on the Keto flu fortunately, but did find myself with a slightly foggy head for 7 days or so but that seems to be passing as well. I've also incorporated the 16/8 fasting protocols into my diet which made sense as I've never been a big breakfast eater. The problem was that I'd get to 11.00am or so, start to get peckish and reach for the biscuits, then eat a lunch (a very high carb lunch...) at about 2.00pm. Now I have a bulletproof coffee when I get to work, don't feel any hunger pangs at all and eat a healthy low carb lunch (tuna mayonnaise & leafy salad for example).
I've run a Keto diet a few times in the past with reasonable success (2 stone weight loss each time) but I've eventually, usually for family reasons, ended up switching back to a regular high carb diet and watching as the weight crept back on. However a change in those family circumstances means that I can get to it with gusto this time and not have to worry about parallel cooking jobs in the kitchen!
My target weight loss is 60lb in six months and I'm hitting my targets pretty squarely - I've lost nearly a stone in the first 2 weeks (recognising that half of that is probably water, but I am drinking between 2.5 and 3l per day to compensate) and am very excited about the 'new me' beginning to emerge. For the first time I'm feeling really positive and encouraged by my decision to change my lifestyle and get leaner and healthier, I'm not missing sugar at all - and Ben & Jerry were very good friends of mine at one point - and I've been able to wear clothes in the last week or so that hadn't fitted me for going on 2 years, as I got to 18 stone at my heaviest. I'm 15st 11lb as of yesterday's weigh in and looking forward to seeing those numbers get lower and lower as the months wear on!
Anyway, that's me, nice to meet you all!

Haydn.

Replies