Are women really more shallow than men?

Options
DaWayne360
DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
This was an article in Men's Health. Please tell me that most women aren't this shallow when it comes to what they notice in a guy. Do you really hate back packs? Gloves...really?

1. Does the bag match the man?
Backpacks are for schoolboys, and canvas messenger bags are for temps. If neither of those job descriptions matches yours (or you hope it won't for long), lay out for a fine leather bag.

2. Do I want to touch him?
Thirty percent of women say cashmere—;the ultimate soft-touch fabric—leaves a lasting favorable impression of the men who wear it.

3. Does he know the time?
If you want to know a guy, look at his wrist, says Nidhi Handa at Alpha Omega Jewelers in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She recommends small boutique watch brands. They show a guy who's "confident in his own decisions... that's sexy." she says.

4. Does the glove fit?
"Having a nice pair of leather gloves conveys maturity to women," says image consultant Sarah Whittaker. "It also shows a bit more class and style." Invest in black and brown pairs, to coordinate with your shoes.

5. Is he a colorful character?
Show a little flair around the ankles. In a Men's Health poll, almost a third of women said they wished men took more risks with color. A neutral outfit and a flash of vivid striped or patterned socks can make a subtle statement.

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    No. All women like different things.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    yes, women suck !! donkey balls suck!!!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    None of those hold true for me.

I think your magazine got paid by accessory/clothing companies to convince you to buy leather bags, leather gloves, cashmere shirts, watches & socks!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    All of that just sounds really stupid. Maybe they asked the wrong women, because I call bullsh!t.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am very happy to say that none of those things apply to me. How would a woman like that ever be happy? I have a feeling that someone with such uncompromising tastes would be devastatingly picky (to her own detriment!).
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    A man like that would be more high-maintenance than myself...yikes.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    1. As long as it's not a purse, I don't care what kind of bag you have.

2. If you need clothes to entice me to touch you, you have bigger problems than cashmere.

3. Wear whatever watch you want. Or no watch at all. I don't care. And for the love of all that is right in the world, don't put yourself into debt buying a watch you can't afford. That just makes you look like an idiot.

4. No gloves unless they serve a legitimate purpose, in which case the fabric should be suitable for the purpose.

5. Eh, whatever.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I never notice any of those things about men.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I just notice their package.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just notice their package.

:flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yes, every one of them.

And I base this on nothing. I didn't even bother thinking about it before passing judgement.

BOOM
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right? :laugh:

No, none of those things apply to me.

I think that article was actually written as an advertisement by a company that sells that stuff.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mm34nwGT1d1qz4rgp_zpsb207426c.gif
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    In other news....

A 46 year old male was seen reading a male "self-help" magazine?!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Who did they ask? Women from Real Housewives?
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    the socks thing - that's all. I have to say I like colorful socks- they show he is playful! :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    <snort> god no...that is ridiculous!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Stop reading "Men's Health" as it's so much "Cosmo" for dudes with low self esteem. And just like "Cosmo," the information in it, both health and otherwise, is pretty much crap.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Women, just like men, have a variety of different things they go for.

I usually go for girls with no self-esteem and daddy issues.

My girls go for men who can afford them a date at McDonalds.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You are old enough to know not to believe everything you read. Don't be silly.