anyone sick right now?

the cough of death has hijacked my cold and it has been 10 days of tea, lozenges, staying away from people and wanting to do absolutely nothing. at least im not having an asthma attack anymore after my workouts. that was fun. anyone else?

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    I keep managing to avoid this virus that seems to be passing around where I live - I have a brilliant immune system for the most part.
    I'll avoid all the common ones and then someone will sneeze 3000 miles away in summer and I'll catch it!!

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    I'm waiting for it. Everyone in my family has had a 24 stomach bug.. and who was dumb and decided to have a cheat day today. Here's hoping I don't toss my cookies. Literally
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    I keep managing to avoid this virus that seems to be passing around where I live - I have a brilliant immune system for the most part.
    I'll avoid all the common ones and then someone will sneeze 3000 miles away in summer and I'll catch it!!

thanks! how you avoid it!
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member

thanks! how you avoid it!

I wish I knew!

I just run, a lot... probably outrun the bugs :lol:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I used to get a severe case of bronchitis every year up until 3 years ago. I lost weight, kept working out and I too seem to out run the bugs like stated above.. I run a lot and lift a lot.

Everyone once in a while I feel like something is getting on me, but it never comes to fruition. I think my immune system too is much much better than before.

I hope you feel better soon! :)
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    thanks roxie!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I'm battling a lil case of Ebola Zaire, beyond that. .. I'm good!
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    I have been sick since new years weekend. Coughing and congestion. Why I ask you???? What have I done???
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Not anymore than usual, but everyone at work seems to be. Influenza A, pnuemonia, Norovirus
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    makingmark wrote: »
    Not anymore than usual, but everyone at work seems to be. Influenza A, pnuemonia, Norovirus

We cram 15 people into a conference room that was built to hold 8.

We talk for an hour while half of the attendees cough, hack and sneeze.

It's a wonder that the entire office isn't in the ICU.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Ick. I hope you get even better soon! Fortunately, I haven't been horribly sick in forever. The most I've had was some sniffles for a day or two.
    Now that I think about it, like @RoxieDawn , this long period of no sickness has started since I started taking care of myself.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    The bf has been coughing constantly for 2 weeks now. He sounds terrible! I've hardly slept listening to all his coughing and snoring and whatnot. Now I starting coughing yesterday...not looking forward to the next few weeks. At least now we can cough in harmony...
  • laurasjourney88
    laurasjourney88 Posts: 16 Member
    woke up this morning with a fuzzy head and runny nose! Managed to not catch anything all over Christmas, but now its caught up!! I too have a good immune system, and I don't get ill often, maybe couple of times a year. I haven't eaten a lot of vegetables last couple of weeks! I'm blaming it on that!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    My sinus cold started yesterday. I can't breathe through my nose and my head feels huge. I'm down right charming this morning.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    :p Shush
  • dalem9383
    dalem9383 Posts: 8 Member
    Felt great on Sunday and then flew back back from to New Orleans to Chicago with hacking and sneezing people on the plane and this morning woke up with raw throat and coughing.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    nope, I'm way healthy.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    still sick. going on 3 weeks
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    I'm sick of this goddamn work that keeps appearing on my desk.