I hate vegetbles

Options
2»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I love vegetables so these suggestions may not taste as good to you, but I eat them a million ways.

- I have them in all kinds of soups and casseroles.
    - I have them sauteed in a million different ways (like asian inspired with soy sauce and sesame seed garnish, greek - inspired with olives and mushrooms, simple with garlic and italian herbs..etc).
    - I have them grilled or roasted, sometimes with garlic or lemon (or both). Garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes in olive oil are beyond amazing.
    - I bulk certain foods with them like pasta and rice pilaf, you kind of need to experiment what works with what in - this case. In pasta, for example, I find zucchini nice for adding bulk and cherry tomatoes for adding acidity.
    - I eat them raw like I would an apple without dicing or adding anything extra
    - I use them raw for dipping in hummus or savory greek yogurt or any dip, really. Works best with harder crunchier ones that are easy to cut into convenient sticks like carrots, cucumbers and sweet peppers.
    - I have them as an ingredient in dips and sauces, like tzatziki (heavenly).
    - No stew is complete without vegetables, in fact sometimes I have stews that are nothing but vegetables.
    - I love them fried as well, but that's a delicacy I can't always calorically afford (damn you eggplants and onion rings).
    - I love them in savory tarts and clobbers.
    - I love them as a part of most traditional foods.

See, I could go on. There are so many vegetables and so many ways to cook and incorporate them that it's hard to say you you hate them all. Think of any traditional dish you like, and it's very likely it will have vegetables in some form. You don't need to eat them on their own if you don't like it that way. The peas, carrots and potatoes in a shepherd's pie are just as nutrient rich as peas, carrots or potatoes eaten separately, plus if you increase the ratio of vegetable to non-vegetable ingredients in such dishes they will also be lower in calories for the volume.
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    blend them in a smoothie with protein powder or juice them- stirfry with low sodium soy sauce and lean meat is amazing too
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Depends on the vegetable.

Peas, carrots, green beans? Usually as is - maybe some butter or some salt.

Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts? Garlic, pepper, and salt. Some sort of oil - usually olive oil, but sometimes butter. Also, preferably roasted, although sauteed broccoli and cauliflower are fine.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I mostly saute my veggies or roast them...grill them in the summer. I also make a lot of stews and they're fairly prominent in them.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies and hummus is good. :)