Clean bulk recipe ideas

Options
Hi all,

I have just started with a PT and he has put me on a training program and meal plan which is great. I eat like a king and the meals are really healthy and the macros for the day are, 41% carbs, 39% protein and 20% fat.

What I lack is creativity in my meals. I have every spice and herb you could imagine but what I need is some moisture in my main meals as an alternative.

Do any of you guys have any ideas, recipes or suggestions for 500/600cal meals with chicken or lean mince?

Thank you in advance
Wez

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Ask him?
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I made a wicked Creole Chicken Stew yesterday....
    Plenty of lean chicken breast diced, chopped peppers (red, green, yellow), onion, chopped tomatoes (tinned) and diced aubergine. Sautee in creole paste (to make this you can easily google a recipe - it's just a spice blend and sounds like you have loads of those) and add tomatoes and a cup of water. Cook out for about half an hour on low, until chicken is tender and veggies soft. I serve it with a mix of brown basmati and quinoa :smile:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Has he given you a reason why your fat % would be so low?
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    Actually you should be eating what you eat during cutting- just increase the quantity. However, I am never able to follow that! LOL!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat anything you want. There is no "healthy" or "clean" food.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

You consider that low?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    A clean bulk just means the surplus is small... the food you eat won't make much of a difference, just hit your min protein goal, and remember, for a bulk carbs are king.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    A clean bulk just means the surplus is small... the food you eat won't make much of a difference, just hit your min protein goal, and remember, for a bulk carbs are king.

This was my thought as well. I always understood it as being in a surplus was muscle sparing and the carbs would give you the energy needed for tough workouts...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

You consider that low?

We don't even know what the calorie range is, so it's hard to tell it's low.

Also OP, you do realize that a clean bulk is based on the size of the surplus, not the food you eat right? I get the brunt of my calories from meats/fish, fruits, veggies/starches, healthy fat (nuts, butters, avocado) and dairy. But even on my cut, I include ice cream/chocolate/candy for sanity.

The below thread has an interesting video in it that you might be beneficial for your circumstance.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503952/bro-do-you-even-eat-clean#latest