What would be my activity level?

Options
So I was wondering whether I would be classified as active for MFP. I am a quality control technician working 9 hours a day. I'm always on my feet, standing/walking and sometimes moving product around. We manufacture medical bags and equipment so if I'm moving bag, it's anywhere from 5 lbs to about 30 lbs. I also workout 5 to 6 days a week, resistance training 3 days and cardio all 5 to 6. So is active enough to classify me? Thank you

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how you log, do you log exercise calories? Do you eat back some/all of them? If you don't log exercise, I would say active is probably the right choice, if you do log exercise, sedentary or lightly active would be better.
  • sflann50
    sflann50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't log exercise or eat any exercise calories back. I don't wear a hrm so I don't know my exact calories burned so I'd rather not risk it lol.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I find most of the calculators to be in the ballpark as long as there are no underlying medical issues. I personally like the one on at fat2fitradio.com. From time to time I will recalculate even though I know I probably hasn't changed much, if any. I have been at this for about four years, I was a resolutioner, I have had ups and downs success and setbacks. Over time you will build up your own data as long as you log your intake accurately. I know to within 100 calories or so, how much I can eat per day and maintain/lose/gain weight, and that is probably inherent inaccuracies of logging. My advice to you would be this, pick a number, log as accurately as you can..........................and be patient. It really is a long term thing, so be patient. Good luck to you.
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If your 'lightly active' them I'm comatose! Sounds like a pretty active work day to me - made me tired reading it