Quick Question - NROL

Options
I read New Rules of Lifting For Women yesterday, and I decided to give the plan a try. My old routine was a lot more complicated and it was hard to track my progress.

I really love my trainer and I'm planning to continue working with her weekly - she's a beast and she pushes me to to be one, too.

So my question is, should I do 2 workouts from NROL plus the workout with my trainer ever week (she basically beats the hell out of one muscle group per session, versus a full body workout) or should I stick to the NROL plan of 3 per week plus training? I've been lifting 4xs per week, but using a split, so I'm not sure if 3 full body plus would be too much?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Would you have enough recovery time? That's really the key...recovery is where the magic happens so if you're at all interfering with recovery then no. Personally, I'm partial to picking a program and working through it until I need to change it.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'd be interfering with my recovery time. Doing a split was a bit easier, because I could work out 2 days in a row if I needed to and then take a break. But that won't really work with NROL.

Resting is really getting in the way of my plans!