Help to stay on track

Options
Im a food server its really hard to stay away from food andfor a example i gave up soda i literallu felt sick to my stomach like i was going to throw up until i drank soda again. Im trying to give up junk but i always feel sick of i dont eat it is it normal i always seem to go back to junk

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    you could try moderating the amount instead of excluding it completely.

for example, if you normally have 3 cans of soda per day you could cut down to 1 or 2 (and log them) or switch to diet soda.

if you crave 'junk' then work some into your budget, i don't know what specifically you are craving or why it would make you sick to go without, but maybe some of that is psychological. if you're junk is chips, then try to pack a serving and take it with you to work. (weighing works best to get accurate servings) or if it's sweet have a cookie once in a while. you can really make anything you want work in your calorie goal as long as it's part of a larger picture of what you eat. even fast food can be made to work in moderation.

have you entered your stats into mfp and worked out a calorie goal and a plan?
  • Crisherrera
    Crisherrera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I've done to try to curb my chip addiction. I started not being able to eat food unless I had chips, literally would send my husband to the store for them. By then the food was cold and I didn't enjoy my meals as much. I slowly cut down but never cut them out completely. If I did then I'd end up in the "binge" world eating bags in one day. So now I try to see how long I can make one bag last, hopefully an entire week. Little baggies with a specific amount of chips instead of having the whole bag at my disposal definitely helped out. Everyone is different but for me this worked and I've been able to stay on track. Try different things with your cravings but cold turkey can be hard and discouraging, just don't give up!
  • goddessecouture
    goddessecouture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've never believed in eliminating something you love ENTIRELY from your diet. It just makes you crave it and feel constantly dissatisfied. Eat a healthy meal, then savor a SMALL amount of the thing you really love, and - very important! - log your food! You really don't have any concept of what you're eating until you start logging it.