Keep binging

Options
Help!? I keep doing well during the day, and then binging at night causing me to constantly gain weight! Need help

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    You might start by eating more satiating foods later in the day. Protein, fats and fiber will keep you feeling fuller for longer than carbs, but you'll have to do some experimenting to find out which macro(s) work best for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Help!? I keep doing well during the day, and then binging at night causing me to constantly gain weight! Need help

Think about why you're bingeing...

It's usually because you're eating your feelings or your deficit is far too steep.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Can't binge if the crap isn't in the house. I remember back *many* years when WW had these food journals that you had to check off the boxes for protein, carbs, etc. The leader used to say that once the boxes were all checked, it was time to go to bed - even if it was 6pm. LOL

Binges will keep going unless you address what's bothering you, and you find ways to cope.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am not a night time exercise person at all... but I do know that when I am done exercising I don't binge or eat crappy food cause I think "that will undo all the good I just did!". Not saying this will work... but its worth a shot. Also... floss and brush after supper! That minty taste will help discourage the eating afterwards.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You're probably first restricting which causes the binge. Are you eating 2/3 of your calories before dinner? If not you are probably starving by dinner time and hungry for even more food after dinner which leads to snacking or bingeing.

Also what is your daily calorie goal? I'm willing to bet it's set too low- try resetting your weight loss rate to 1/2 pound or at most 1 pound per week.

Try eating regular meals through the day and not too low calorie.
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I try drinking a bottle of water before I snack at night because sometimes I'm just thirsty and can avoid the extra junk food. Also, if I'm craving sweets a crystal light packet helps with that. Also, maybe have your snacks or food you typically eat at night portioned out, so you can satisfy the craving without over indulging.