How do I get back on track?

Options
I had done SO well, I had lost 28 lbs last year. I was working toward a goal and I felt great. Then my daughter had problems, her boyfriend dropped her, it broke her up big time, well, being stressed for her, I just didn't stay on task with my exercise and eating right and drinking the water.

Advice....Any to get me back on track...motivational please!! I mean I know what I need to do but I feel bummed. thanks!

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    you have to want it bad enough to get it.

do you WANT IT?!?!

DO YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH?!

youre bummed but you know what to do! youre ahead of those who arent bummed but have no idea what to do!

put it in gear and take whats yours! no more excuses!

drill-instructor-yelling-o.gif
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on having accomplished a 28-lb loss last year.

Life can certainly throw a wrench in our plans for self-improvement. Last year, I had lost 11 lbs and then my husband and I went on our belated honeymoon and a gained a few back...then almost immediately upon returning my grandmother got very sick and passed. I lost all the motivation I'd had. Just getting through the day was enough.

I think that we handle what we can with the resources we have at that moment. So, don't look back at last year...you can't change that. Look at where you are now and determine what you have the energy to do. Can you commit to logging your food every day? Drink a glass of water every hour? Do 30 crunches ever morning?

For me, I started exercising regularly two months ago and just started monitoring my eating this week. Trying to do both at once was too daunting for me. Just remember that baby steps will get you there. :)

You can do this!
  • _darkangel_
    Options
    you have to want it bad enough to get it.

do you WANT IT?!?!

DO YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH?!

youre bummed but you know what to do! youre ahead of those who arent bummed but have no idea what to do!

put it in gear and take whats yours! no more excuses!

drill-instructor-yelling-o.gif

yeah! that's what's up
  • Kellyfifeld
    Options
    Don't be bummed. You did what you did at the time because it was right for you! Now, start doing what you know is right for you. It is so easy to slip back into old habits, I have been doing that since a recent move away from my total support system and have been struggling but I can't keep looking back because when I get bummed, I tend to eat again. Get your daughter to exercise with you. Do silly things together. Tell her she needs to help you! This could be great for both of you! You can do it! You've proven it before. Keep trying, keep doing. Never give up, never surrender!!!
    Kelly:bigsmile: :wink:
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think we have all lost the motivation at one point or another. I gained back all but 7 pounds of the weight I lost in 2011. It took a lot for me to get back on track and start over. I am down 15 pounds and some days are a struggle to keep my mind in the right direction to the goal. You have to be determined to complete it even if it takes longer than you want it too. You can do it, as I tell myself through every workout...suck it up buttercup! It will be worth it.

My sister said it best, you didn't put the weight on in a month so you can not expect to loose it all in month. My weight has been a slow progression since high school, so 17 years now. It will NOT take me 17 years to loose it, but it will probably take a year or better to loose the 95 pounds I still have to go.
  • gracie97007
    gracie97007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your imput, i know i just need to get on track and stay there. What are some of your foods that you eat to help you? Some of the ones that are good in protein and low in fats, sugars and carbs? I have a friend that did this "white diet" where she doesn't eat any white foods...no rice, no potatoes, no white breads, really hardly any breads. she has lost over 40 lbs. She looks amazing.
    I don't know if I could go completely w/o sugar as she has or some carbs. But i am trying to do better. Thanks!

Grace
  • mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon this year too. Last Year I lost 66lbs and felt like I would just keep losing. Then in Desember I had to go in for a surgery. That derailed me good. I gained back almost 20 lbs in 6 months. Now I am restarting my workout routine to lose the weight (again) and get to my goal weight.

You just have to want it!

Good luck!