Salad dressing

Options
I love salads! I use to use Italian dressing but got tired of it, what is your favorite salad dressing?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Opa greek jalapeno ranch. So good, low in calories and has a bit of a kick.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I have, for just about all of my life, hated salad dressing. Then I found the Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. They're delicious. I love the creamy parmesan and the cilantro avacado.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar???? seems to be all the rage this year.

I really am going to get in trouble.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I use a white balsamic that tastes so yum. But I'll probably have to switch over to Apple Cider Vinegar when I run out.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar???? seems to be all the rage this year.

I really am going to get in trouble.

Apple cider vinegar makes me sick. The strong taste of vinegar in general makes me sick.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a dressing per se, but one of my favorite lunches is to take 1/2 cup of corn (canned or frozen/thawed), 1 sliced vegetarian hotdog, a handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half, a chunk of peeled and sliced cucumber, a slice of onion chopped up, a garlic dill pickle sliced, about a tablespoon of pickled jalapenos chopped up, and then mix it together with 1/4 cup of salsa, 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish, and 1 tbsp Tofutti Sour Supreme.

(Note: I generally don't measure non-starchy vegetables precisely. I figure whether the cucumber is 12 calories or 22 isn't a big deal. The corn, the veggie dog, the condiments? Those I measure.)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley Yogurt dressings---delicious.
  • gd7daws
    gd7daws Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't like plain sour cream, but add some dry ranch dressing mix to light sour cream and I can have 30 grams (more than enough for my salads) for 45 cals. Tastes way better than light ranch dressing and for a lot less calories.
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    Something I do like on salad is honey mustard, yum yum.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have, for just about all of my life, hated salad dressing. Then I found the Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. They're delicious. I love the creamy parmesan and the cilantro avacado.

Another vote for Bolthouse farms! I think they are as delicious as any high calorie dressing. I love the creamy parmesan also, and the ranch.
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »

Another vote for Bolthouse farms! I think they are as delicious as any high calorie dressing. I love the creamy parmesan also, and the ranch.

I'm not a fan of creamy dressings but those sound good.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    There's one Annie's it's called Woodstock- it's tomato-ey but creamy (via tahini I think, not dairy)...now that sounds weird but I bought it cause some lady in the aisle was raving and now it's my fave! I thin it out a little.
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    There's one Annie's it's called Woodstock- it's tomato-ey but creamy (via tahini I think, not dairy)...now that sounds weird but I bought it cause some lady in the aisle was raving and now it's my fave! I thin it out a little.

I will try that, thank you
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    A restaurant my friend owns makes a jalapeño garlic cilantro dressing that I love. I always have a jar in my fridge. The longer it sits, the hotter it gets too.
    A lot of people like to cut it with ranch to tone it down a bit. It tastes good like that as well...I've just never been a huge ranch fan.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    In the fridge look for Bolthouse. Yoghurt based, amazing calories and really nice. I've had the chipotle mango and a cilantro? avocado. That doesn't sound right but something avocado. They have a blue cheese, caesar, all kinds.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »

I'm not a fan of creamy dressings but those sound good.

They're yoghurt based so maybe won't hit the same buttons?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Balsamic or red wine vinegar, drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft's low calorie Italian dressing a lot, but I also love Hidden Valley regular Ranch, which is not low calorie, but sometimes it's just worth it :) I also use Sweet Baby Rays Sweet n' Sour sauce quite a bit, as well as hot sauce.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like Greek dressings, there's nothing better than a greek salad.

I also really like poppyseed dressings but most of them are kind of calorie heavy so I don't eat that super often but a salad with poppyseed dressing and strawberries. yum
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I prefer homemade dressings but I do buy Bernstein Light Cheese Fantastico and I doctor it up with extra balsamic vinegar (white if I have it) and FRESH garlic. Given a few hours to sit it really improves. I also make a homemade ranch dressing with Light Mayo and sour cream with greek yogurt. I use it more on potatos though, lol.