Abroad and Having Trouble

Hello to all!

I moved abroad for school about 4 months ago and really began putting on weight again and so with the new year and new semester, I'm trying to make sure I don't repeat the same mistakes.

Part of that is stress eating, avoiding drinking my calories (fruit juice is very common here in the Caribbean and deliciously tempting) but I think a big problem was not watching how much I was eating any more.

The issue is, I don't prepare most of my own food because of a time crunch/money. American style foods are much more expensive here, and I'm not well-versed enough in the kitchen to whip up a lot of varied food from the local scratch (lots of veggies, fish, chicken). I'm planning to go to the market that they have, and am actively searching for better alternatives even when eating out (which is way more convenient here).

Does anyone have any good recommendations for sites for recipes? I do have a slowcooker (I just bought it, haven't used it) and some dishes, but I'm not the world's best cook by any means. Simple is better.

I appreciate any advice to get me back on track.
I've got a gym buddy and I've started that again, but it's not gonna mean anything if I can't get my eating back in shape too!

Replies