65 lbs down and 40+ to go. Want to give/get support!

LeahIsALoser
LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. My name is Leah and I'm a 33 year old mother of one looking for friends to help me get to my ultimate goal of losing 105-110 lbs. I'm more than halfway to my goal, having lost 65 lbs over the past two years by diet alone.

Just started working out three weeks ago (cardio and strength an hour each per day, five days a week) while continuing to count calories. I have lost only 1.5 pounds in more than three weeks, but my clothes are noticeably looser. I'm a naturally muscular person and it makes me think I've likely added a few pounds of muscle and changed my body composition in just a few short weeks. I'm trying not to get caught up on the number on the scale and become discouraged... but it's difficult not to. I'm working harder than ever and my weightloss has slowed unbelievably. Help!!!

Anyone out there with similar goals/issues or just need a friend? Add me!

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,836 MFP Moderator
    Welcome to MFP, Leah. :)
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    Thank you!
  • nessaamj
    nessaamj Posts: 1 Member
    Very inspiring, thank you for sharing!
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Congrats on your accomplishment!! I was on a similar journey about 2 years ago and with help and encouragement from my MFP friends (along with others in my life) I was able to loose about 130lbs. That journey has ended only to start a new one which is to maintain my weight on the long term.