No kitchen...

Options
MangoPhysique
MangoPhysique Posts: 8 Member
I rent a room and the kitchen is off limits, which has been frustrating for my weight loss journey. (Eventually will move but for now these are my circumstances) Any ideas for meals that don't necessarily have to be cooked? I do the typical tuna, salad.. getting tired of the same choices. Help please. I can't have dairy so yogurt and cheese is a no go. Thanks all xo

Replies

• littlegreenshorts
    Options
    For lunch meals you can find some Healthy Choice ($1.89/meal) microwaveable meals it's got good amount of portions relative to protein, carb and fat ratio

You can buy a blender for $20 at GNC complete with 2 mixer cups, 1 blade lid, 2 sipping lids. With that said you can make your protein shakes with fresh fruits (99¢ store has some great choices)

For Carbs you can get Maruchan soups and just throw in some veggies and microwave them for about 1:30

And if at work you don't have access to a microwave you can always use one at your local AmPm/Arco gas station.

Believe me, a long time ago I was homeless for 2months and I learned how to cook without a kitchen and stay warm in the winter, while still going to the gym.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If you can use a microwave, I like getting steamer/frozen bags of veggies, and mixing those with either canned chicken/tuna or the Birds Eye protein blends you can also find in the freezer section. One bag of broccoli and one bag of protein blends mixed together is a good two meals, supplemented with fruit or anything else. I usually do this for work lunches, because I'm lazy, and I don't want to eat the same thing all week. :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Can you get a crockpot or hot plate?
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Microwave, Crock Pot blender and hot plate are all great ideas. A mini-fride and electric kettle might also be helpful. If you're not allowed to have any of those in your room, you can at least stock up on things like tuna or salmon pouches, instant noodles (lots of sodium in those), fruit, and whole grain bread to supplement what you eat from restaurants, takeaway, etc.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken, or Tyson grilled chicken strips. Use salad mix & pita pockets or flat-out wraps. Look for hard boiled eggs (some stores carry them).