BMR?

Maybe a silly question, but trying to make sure I'm in the right zone calorie wise still. My BMR is 1898 according to Boditrax scan so to maintain weight and build a little muscle I should be eating around the 1900-2000 mark each day? I eat into about 10%-20% cals at the moment. Just hoping for bit of reassurance someone to say I'm in the right zone or slightly over/under?

Have a great day everyone
(my god - somehow they let me back in lol)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    BMR is what you expend in a coma. Everything you do (normal activity and exercise) adds to that. To maintain weight, you'll be eating your TDEE. You can estimate it, but what your TDEE really is, can be calculated through meticulous logging of intake and meticulous logging of body weight.
  • kommodevaran
    1900-2000 is most likely too low. Remember that you've been in a deficit, so your glycogen stores have been depleted, and the food you are eating now, weighs more inside you, because there is more of it. If you keep on logging diligently and increasing slowly, you're doing it right.
  • kommodevaran
    Hope you feel more reassured now. Maintenance is all about balance - you have to be both vigilant and relaxed. It takes time and practice to find the right balance.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Boditrax attempts to measure body fat percentage, not BMR ...
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    just some infor from the frequently asked questions about Boditrax from their web site.
    https://www.boditrax.com/faq