Starting for real

Options
MirelaH
MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
Hi all,

I'm here to finally make a change and hold myself accountable. I've been putting it off for too long! I'm tired of being "lost" in this diet world we live in. Some info on me: I'm a former Marine, I love to read,I love pilates and I love working out at home to fitness DVD's! I'm looking forward to being a part of MFP!

Mirela

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will LOVE it here!! Good Luck on your journey!!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi Mirela, welcome! I have tried to "diet" many times too, and so far, I love love this site better than anything else I have tried. Having a daily visual of where you are at really puts things into perspective. I just recently thought of purchansing some DVDs to work out at home with (since it's easier than carting my 5-yr-old to the gym with me and I can do it whenever,) do you recommend any? Thanks!
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! (This is my 3rd week here and it has been a really great experience.)
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You won't find it hard to achieve your objectives here. Once a Marine, always a Marine!

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • 354jasmine
    Options
    Hi, I am new here, and I am so excited about this diet plan, I think this will work for me! I am 29,live in Newburgh,Indiana and I need to lose 20 or 30 pounds! I would like to have friends here, since noone I know is dieting right now, that way I can get a little encouragement:happy: So, if any one want to be my friend, please send me a request, thank you!
  • Glorilee
    Glorilee Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm new too. I finally had to tell myself "DO OR DIE"...good luck!!!
  • annette_marie
    Options
    Pilates - I hope to someday share your love for pilates! :) I am in the same boat - starting out and want to hold myself accountable. I really look forward to it! Best wishes!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to a brilliant site :smile:
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ooh-Rah to all the Marines on the board! :D

Thank you all so much for the supporting and encouraging words!

Any words on calorie counting? Do you do it as you go or write it down then input it in the evening or what do you suggest? Thanks!!