HELP! (...would be greatly appreciated!)

Hello Everyone. I'm new to my fitness pal. I actually just signed up and could use some help. I'm a former weight watcher (paid about $600 for a year and only lost 11 pounds) and I'm hoping I could get the hang of my fitness pal so that I can do it for free.
I know I have goals for calories and carbs, protein, fat (i think)...which is more important to focus on? Should I just use calories for now? Also, I've been just starting to work out and got myself a new fitbit. Will I get calories for the fitbit workouts and get to eat those?
Just some guidelines about how this all works and the best way for me to get started would be so helpful!! Thank you so much...hoping to make some friends here!

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    For weight loss calories are the most important. You'll probably find that you don't get as hungry if you're making sure to meet your protein goal. If you have a Fitbit you should set your activity level on MFP to sedantary and make sure to enable negative calorie adjustments on your settings. Then when your Fitbit will either give or take away calories based on your activity for the day. When I had a Fitbit I could eat back all of the calories it gave me and still lose at the rate I was expecting. Some people choose to only eat back a portion of those calories, it's really just a trial and error sort of thing to see what works best for you.