I just don't get the hype....

dantew04
dantew04 Posts: 73 Member
.... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    James Bond. I can't.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Moscato
    it's grape juice basically

I <3 you.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    dantew04 wrote: »
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

What???? What's wrong with you!?!?!?!?! :wink:

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.
  • legsnbacon
    legsnbacon Posts: 122 Member
    coffee