Whole wheat flour calories?

Options
Hey everyone, I need a bit of insight, whole wheat flour tortillas are a main part of my diet , I take 1 every day and I make them at home , now the issue is that I am trying to calculate the calories in dough so I can estimate calories of a pita , and omg everywhere I look there are so many variations of calories ranging from 490 per 100 grams to 100 per 100 grams. I tried google too . So , is there any authentic place to look ?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have to weigh and add all the ingredients, and divide the sum by number of tortillas.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Look ON THE BAG of whole wheat flour that you use. Weigh the flour you use for making the dough as well as what gets incorporated during kneading. How much flour is in the recipe? Weigh the entire batch of dough, divide it evenly into however many pieces you like, then you can easily calculate the calories.

• Amber_7556
    Amber_7556 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You have to weigh and add all the ingredients, and divide the sum by number of tortillas.
    Hey , yes I know, flour is measured I only add water then , so I need to know calories of a 100 gram flour, so I can add and divide, but I am getting too many varying results for 100 grams of whole wheat flour
    Options
    Also there are a lot of websites that help you make nutrition labels for your recipes. Some are better than others so you may want to try out several. I like being able to add the brand I use because not all brands have the same nutritional value.

https://google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=recipe+nutrition+label+generator
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    As Kommodevaran says - look for the calories on the flour packet. This will be more accurate than the ones given elsewhere.

The wholewheat one I use (Doves Farm Plain Organic Wholemeal Flour) is: 319 calories for 100g flour.
    Options
    masoompna wrote: »
    Hey , yes I know, flour is measured I only add water then , so I need to know calories of a 100 gram flour, so I can add and divide, but I am getting too many varying results for 100 grams of whole wheat flour

30 g of whole wheat flour has 100 calories. If you have 100 grams then that would mean a little over 330 calories for one tortilla. The math: 100 g divided by 30 g (one serving of flour) you get 3.33333 calories per gram of wheat flour. Multiply the 3.33333 by 100. There is the answer. 333.33333
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    There are two types of whole-grain wheat flours listed in the USDA National Nutrient Database.

Basic Report: 20080, Wheat flour, whole-grain

Basic Report: 20649, Wheat flour, whole-grain, soft wheat

Both are found in the MFP Food Database.

Search MFP for "wheat flour whole-grain" to get the first item.

ibpfym9vusri.jpg

Search MFP for "Wheat flour whole-grain soft" to get the second item.

v6zryrgegnw2.jpg

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    masoompna wrote: »

The flour I use has the calories listed on the bag