Hi All a short story about me.

Options
I always considered myself a little healthy, weighing around 240 lbs at the most. I would fluctuate down to 230 ish then go back up. Never was really into eating sweets or drinking soda pop. Love to coach and watch sports, and lift weights.
Anyways, had some blood work done about 40 days ago- and my Glucose result was at 340! - Doctor told me I was a diabetic. Pretty cut and dry.
Imagine the shock, took me about a week to finally accept it.
I was put on blood pressure pills, and given a glucose meter to use twice a day.
Since the initial shock I have started walking then jogging around the track while attending my little ones soccer practice. I cut all sugars and carbs and salt intake. stopped drinking ( well almost), and started really watching what I was eating .

The first week and second are the hardest mentally. You get angry, sad, depressed, and so on because your body is getting denied what it was used too.
If you can stick it out the first 2 weeks, then you can succeed on continuing to make changes.
Its all Mental.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,765 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Watch what happens. Losing weight can cause some adult-onset diabetes cases to be cured.
  • freedom2016mfp
    freedom2016mfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    On the plus side (if you want to call it that) as frustrating as it may be at least you were made aware of your illness so that now you have an opportunity to take care of yourself and change up a few lifestyle habits.... You didn't just drop dead of a heart attack. So it's all good mental or not. Stay strong, stay focused. You can add m as a friend if you wish.