What would you do?

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
I forgot to take my blood pressure meds yesterday. I got a pretty good workout and felt great up until last night. I had a headache by the time I went to bed. I had a terrible night with it. I took my meds this a.m. I don't have a "headache" now so much as I feel lightheaded and tired. Should I skip exercise today or should I just push it and just deal?

Replies

• Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you feel, and if that has happened before and the results.

Without more info, I'd suggest to skip the excercise today, if only to stay on the safe side.

In my personal case, maybe I would start excercising at a non-demanding pace and see what happens; and stop if the headache comes back. Just listen to your body.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You might just want to do something easy like going for a walk.
  • treisch
    treisch Posts: 13
    Options
    i would suggest going to walmart or somewhere and buying a blood pressure auto-cuff so you can check your blood pressure daily and see if your headaches are attributed to a high blood pressure... you probably had a head ache from having a high blood pressure yesterday. Just work out if you feel like it today... just go to the gym and walk on a treadmill and see how that goes... however if you are still feeling light-headed the gym is the last place you need to be... stay home and drink lots of water!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I think I'll try at least one session of Pilates. I'm drinking plenty of water, too. My hubby is off today and is home. At least I won't be by myself if I pass out...LOL :tongue:
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just a little FYI, I've been on 2 different blood pressure meds over the last 5 years. And the first one if i skipped a dose would give me a Whopper of a headache. :sad: and the one I am on now occasionally does that if I miss a dose. I would encourage you to take your meds as soon as you remember and then start the next day on schedule with your meds. And don't beat yourself up if one day is a good workout and the next is a notch or two less demanding. It keeps our bodies guessing about what we are doing to it. Keep up the good work and keep your chin up:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You might just want to do something easy like going for a walk.

agreed.