Feeling down and frustrated

This has been such a struggle for me. Although I have lost more inches than I am seeing in weight loss, I am very down. It seems as though no matter what I do I can't seem to lose.

I just gained 3 lbs. this week. people say water weight bc of the excessive heat. is that a real thing?

I need to just slow down and not give up I guess.

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Your food diary is closed, so no one can really comment
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    DONT GIVE UP!!! You are losing inches that's fantastic - its showing progress - giving up will only undo the progress you have made... slow and steady is ok!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You've lost inches, but you are unhappy cos the scales say a random, meaningless number....
  • Kkangel21
    Kkangel21 Posts: 46 Member
    ya, I guess it doesn't make sense. lol. It's just frustrating when I went from 8 lbs. down to 3 lbs. down.
    I know I take too much stock in the scales.
    I measure myself once a month. and I know I should just use that.
    I guess because I haven't exercised like I was, due to laziness, one, weather, and losing momentum, I need to gain that back. I just haven't felt as healthy, and happy as I was before.

thanks for your kind words everyone, I just needed a little support.
  • Your muscles need time to cool down, make sure you're not over exercising. Because muscle weighs more it can be confusing on the scale. I always weigh myself two days after I have allowed my body enough time to rest, found this gives me an accurate reading. I don't trust the scale as much as I do my clothes. Keep up the good work :-)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    I have been told you must eat 3500 calories beyond your TDEE number to gain a pound. So unless you snuck in an additional 10,500 calories this week, I'd say the three pound weight gain is from other factors.

Drink a glass of water, take a deep breath, and tell yourself the scale is just one part of the equation. It doesn't always tell the whole story.

Weigh in three or four days from now. In the mean while, drink up all your water.

And hang in there. We all have those days where the scale lies to us and discourages us.
  • Kkangel21
    Kkangel21 Posts: 46 Member
    ok just made it public
  • Caelrr
    Caelrr Posts: 26
    You seem to be doing well if you gained three pounds yet lost inches... it most likely means you're doing it right!! You just gained muscle mass (a great thing, to an extent) & lost the fat!! Great job!! That's actually really amazing in my opinion. I can't wait until next month when I can buy healthy food & ACTUALLY start my diet. :D