Water Vs. Crystal Light

Options
I know you're supposed to drink a lot of water when trying to lose weight. If I add a pack of crystal light to my water - does it still count as water intake? I hate water and don't know how to handle this.

Replies

• Lorilynn_37
    Lorilynn_37 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've always been curious of this question! I have a really hard time just drinking water. I add my raspberry ice to all my water
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What else would it be? Adding flavor to water doesn't make it not a hydrating liquid. Enjoy your crystal light!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I count any liquid as "water". Without my iced tea, I would never meet my water goals.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Yes, it all counts. Water is in many foods we eat as well as beverages. It all counts towards hydration.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    No, it does NOT count as water. Water is used to cleanse your body of toxins & chemicals (clear water). Crystal light has chemicals in it that aren't good for your body, like aspartame. Check out this article: http://www.smashfit.com/blog/do-flavors-you-add-water-count-water

OP, ignore this garbage advice - someone forgot that H20 is a chemical! all chemicals are not bad!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Even the water that food contains counts.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to drink lots of water if you aren't losing weight too. You're just supposed to drink lots of water. Your body needs water to function.

That said, many things contain water. Juice. Coffee. Soda. Food. Whether it's mixed with other stuff or not, your body sees and uses the water content once it digests.

If your body can figure out the water in a cucumber, it can handle crystal light.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    No, it does NOT count as water. Water is used to cleanse your body of toxins & chemicals (clear water). Crystal light has chemicals in it that aren't good for your body, like aspartame. Check out this article: http://www.smashfit.com/blog/do-flavors-you-add-water-count-water

OP, ignore this garbage advice - someone forgot that H20 is a chemical! all chemicals are not bad!

It appears she linked to her own blog...
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options

I like using the term "hydroxic acid" and reminding people that it's found in rocket exhaust and is used in industry for cutting metal.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    All liquids except alcohol count as water, as does the water in foods. Even things with caffeine count. The slight diuretic effect of the caffeine is not enough to offset the hydrating effect of the water.
  • Osteoels
    Osteoels Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »

I like using the term "hydroxic acid" and reminding people that it's found in rocket exhaust and is used in industry for cutting metal.

How would that work with water having a pH of roughly 7? Dihydrogen monoxide works a treat though.