Hello everybody!

Options
Hi there!

I'm new - I am looking for some motivation to get going on eating healthy and getting moving more. My mother passed away almost a year ago and it really took the wind out of my sails - I really didn't feel like doing much of anything for a long time, and combined with working full time and grad classes in the evenings, I have really gained some weight. :( My friend tagged me in a facebook picture this morning, and I was really sad when I noticed how I looked.

So I am trying myfitnesspal - I really need some inspiration and motivation, and good ideas. I don't have a ton of energy lately - but I am finally feeling better emotionally and becoming more accepting about the loss of my mother. Now I wish my body could catch up with my heart. ; )

I'm sure I'm not the first or the last person to feel this way. I really hope that I can get moving and my goal is to really enjoy the way I feel when I exercise and not be tired. Thanks to my cousin whose posts on facebook motivated me to check this website out. First day - so far, so good. Wish me luck and best wishes to you!
Annette_Marie

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm new - I am looking for some motivation to get going on eating healthy and getting moving more. My mother passed away almost a year ago and it really took the wind out of my sails - I really didn't feel like doing much of anything for a long time, and combined with working full time and grad classes in the evenings, I have really gained some weight. :( My friend tagged me in a facebook picture this morning, and I was really sad when I noticed how I looked.

So I am trying myfitnesspal - I really need some inspiration and motivation, and good ideas. I don't have a ton of energy lately - but I am finally feeling better emotionally and becoming more accepting about the loss of my mother. Now I wish my body could catch up with my heart. ; )

I'm sure I'm not the first or the last person to feel this way. I really hope that I can get moving and my goal is to really enjoy the way I feel when I exercise and not be tired. Thanks to my cousin whose posts on facebook motivated me to check this website out. First day - so far, so good. Wish me luck and best wishes to you!
    Annette_Marie
    So sorry to hear about your mom. As a daughter who lost her mom at 27 years old (mom was 54) and who is now 49 with a daughter of my own I have 2 thoughts. First I feel for you-the pain in your heart is real and with time it does feel...er better, for lack of a better word.
    As the MOTHER of a daughter I would say THIS: I love you. I want all the good things for you that life has to offer, including good health. I want you to live many many years, maybe the extra years I didn't get on this earth with you!! I want you to feel strong and happy..........and look in the mirror and see what I see.......A beautiful, corageous woman who can accomplish anything!

You are my legacy.............Thank you for being a wonderful caring daughter to love while on this earth...........:heart: mom
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hi there!

Annette_Marie

Oh and Annette Marie.......do not TRY.......DO!!! We can do this together. You are so worth it!! Check out the profiles of people on here. Tamtastic lost 135 pounds through diet and exercise alone. I lost 36 and KEPT it off for over a year now by helpign OTHERS and allowing them to help ME!!

Good luck to you my dear. If you need anything just let me know and I will be happy to help

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • evansdeloris
    Options
    Hi and nice to meet you! I am new to the forums, but have been using this website for a little while. I really like it and it's simple and easy to use.

I am sorry to hear about your Mom and will keep you in my prayers. However, this goes to show how strong you are and losing weight and eating healthy will be easy compared to other things you've dealt with in your life. I drank so much soda and ate wrong for so long that it actually took for me to read what was actually in the food to get me to stop eating it. It's definitely helped, but I still fall off the wagon every once in a while.

If you are looking for things to do at home since you're so busy with work and school, I have been doing the Insanity workout for a month now. It's actually a 2 month program and you can use it to gain muscle mass or lose weight. I have been gaining muscle so my weight hasn't fluctuated. That is the only reason why I don't keep track of my weight on this site. If you're looking for any points and tips I would be glad to share some thought and insight.

Well, once again my condolences and you are definitely a strong woman to even be going through that situation and from the sound of it becoming stronger everyday.
    You can for sure lose weight in a matter of time as long as you're ready to stick to it! If you want it, you will get it!

Good Luck on your goals and if you have any questions about the workout program I use or anything like that, don't hesitate to send a message.

Deloris
  • annette_marie
    Options
    Jeannie,
    Thank you so much! That was so nice to read, and I know my mom would definitely want me to stop moping around and having a "pity party" as she called it. I'm so glad I have come so far in the last year, it's hard to snap out of it and notice that I have gained weight, but now I have a new challenge to work toward.

You are so inspiring! Thank you so much for the kind words, I really was uplifted by reading what you wrote.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

:)
    Annette
  • annette_marie
    Options
    Deloris,

Thank you so much for your advice! I love soda too! I keep hearing that even diet soda can cause me to gain weight.

Insanity!? My best friend keeps inviting me over to meet Shawn T on her DVD - I haven't tried it yet! It sounds like you enjoy it or notice results! Go girl! I think I am going to start today by going to Wal-mart and buying a scale and some veggies. I want to start big, but I think setting a few reachable workout goals will work best for me. I am prone to giving up....I need to get in the habit of using this site to stay on course!!!!

It does help to hear from other people - y'all are inspiration! I can do this, and it might even be fun!

Thank you SO much!
    Annette
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Jeannie,
    Thank you so much! That was so nice to read, and I know my mom would definitely want me to stop moping around and having a "pity party" as she called it. I'm so glad I have come so far in the last year, it's hard to snap out of it and notice that I have gained weight, but now I have a new challenge to work toward.

You are so inspiring! Thank you so much for the kind words, I really was uplifted by reading what you wrote.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Annette

Well I can see by your lovely smiling AV!! I cannot wait to see how far you fly!! :flowerforyou:
  • nolette
    nolette Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Annette... just joined 2day myself. I have a feeling this new site will b a great support to your journey as well a mine. I too am sorry 2 hear about the loss of your mom. Have you figured out how to add friends like you? Jeannie can you help?