Weight loss with an injury

Options
So, anyone out there had an injury that completely derailed your exercise? I blew out my lisfranc joint and had foot surgery and have been totally non-weight bearing for 2 months, and have at least 1 month to go. I've been doing some basic strength training but wondered if anyone else had good recommendations for getting some exercise when stuck in a cast. Prior to this I completed a sprint triathlon and was in a good running groove...now I can't even push on the pedals of a bike with my injured foot!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm about two months back into things after being more or less side lined for about 4 months. I focused primarily on my diet and trying to maintain my weight (I ended up gaining a little) and my physical therapy and healing and just doing what I could do, which wasn't much.

Prior to, I was easily cycling 80+ miles per week and lifting. I'm two month back into things and I've just been easing into it as I have a pretty high risk of re-injury if I go to hard to fast. I'm up to four days on the bike (though my rides are mostly only in the 30-45 minute range at the moment with one longer ride on the weekend of about 90 minutes), lots of walking and working with a solid lifting program in the weight room. I think I should be back up to par by mid spring.

Just focus on recovery and healing...