Foods that are not only tasty, pretty healthy, and easy to make

Options
ChonaP
ChonaP Posts: 3 Member
I am trying to learn how to eat healthily. For me, this is not easy. I don't like most healthy food. So I am trying to learn little tricks to get my vegetables in. For instance, I will take my salad vegetables and blend them in a mixer with a cup of water. Once well blended, I will add in frozen strawberries, blueberries, bananas with some greek yogurt. Then I will add either my protein whey or ice to the mixture and blend it until nice and smooth. this makes a great post workout smoothie. I am not much of an egg eater either so I could use some breakfast ideas. I found an interesting snack idea that I plan on trying. It's called "Graham Cracker Icecream sandwiches" (There is no ice cream in it.) you mix greek yogurt, Lite cool whip, and fresh fruit (Your Choice) Then spread it between two Graham crackers and freeze. I have some in the freezer now so we will see how tasty this is for a high protein treat. As I find new ideas I will post. If you have any ideas I would welcome your feedback. I know if I am ever going to get this weight off I am going to have to learn to eat differently so here it goes.

Replies

• MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Soup is easy, chop up some veggies and maybe some meat, cover with water and simmer until the veggies are tender, season with salt and pepper.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Using Skinnytaste.com has been a great tool for me. Her recipes are pretty easy and she has a large variety of options so there should be plenty of options for you. I love to make a soup/casserole on the weekends and then portion it out for my lunches during the week.