Maintainance Bar

Hi I am new to maintainance. My goal weight is 70kg. So should I realistically go to 68kg and have the bar at 70kg? Because it seems that since reaching 70kg I am consistently between half to one and a half kgs above 70kg. Thanks.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    maintenance isn't an exact number...it's a range...nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs...you're always going to have fluctuations from water, glycogen levels, waste in your system, etc...not everything on the scale is fat. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but then again, I don't put a whole lot of stock into an arbitrary number.
  • Talita4
    Talita4 Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks. It has been such a focus to get there. It is part of leading a new way I guess.
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    If it's important to you to weigh 70kilos max, then you would need to be 68 to 68.5kilos before eating at maintenance to account for the inevitable fluctuations through out the day.
  • Talita4
    Thanks for your response. I had decided to keep logging in with my friends, for the next year. But there does not seem to be a maintenance adaption to this. It will say I have lost weight since my last weigh in. But actually I am fluctuating within a good range.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Talita4 wrote: »
    Thanks for your response. I had decided to keep logging in with my friends, for the next year. But there does not seem to be a maintenance adaption to this. It will say I have lost weight since my last weigh in. But actually I am fluctuating within a good range.

You can turn off the weight notifications so those fluctuations wont appear on your newsfeed.

Congrats on reaching maintenance :smile:
  • Talita4
    Oh thank you!
  • Talita4
    I could not find it? Where is it please?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Go into settings and turn off the applicable notification setting. . Actually I'll just check again to refresh myself on how..brb
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Go to settings

and 'Sharing and privacy'

'Newsfeed setting's /notifications

And check the applicable ones :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I have my original GW as the top of my weight range. If I hit that number, I go back to eating less.
  • Talita4
    Thanks for your help. Got it!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    I have my original GW as the top of my weight range. If I hit that number, I go back to eating less.
    Thinking that will be my plan. Trying to make maintenance stick