Raining

Options
Haven't been able to walk the last couple days and for about the next week. It's been raining here. :(

Replies

• jacobhillman
    jacobhillman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with walking in the rain. It's spontaneous and a lot of fun. You can always dry off when you get home! Get out, get wet, have fun!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoy walking in the rain, but to each their own. Why not do some in-home workouts in the meantime? Fitness Blender has some great home workout videos that require little to no equipment.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Try YouTube "walking" style videos. These are a lifesaver for Mid West winters

https://www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

https://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv/videos

• greeder1
    greeder1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hopefully now that the sun is out you are out enjoying your walk. I live in SoCal too. We don't have that excuse often so we don't always like to invest in rain gear since we don't get to use it often. Also we are weather spoiled.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    greeder1 wrote: »
    Hopefully now that the sun is out you are out enjoying your walk. I live in SoCal too. We don't have that excuse often so we don't always like to invest in rain gear since we don't get to use it often. Also we are weather spoiled.

As a SoCal native, I absolutely love the rain - probably because it's been such a rarity here over the past few years. I get out and walk in the rain every chance I get. Different strokes for different folks, I guess...
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I love walking/running in the rain. For running, just as long as it's not too cold, but walking it doesn't matter because you can just use an umbrella and not worry about getting wet!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington State and we get a lot of rain. I went for a three mile walk with my 12 year old and our dog yesterday, in the rain. It was very refreshing!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington State and we get a lot of rain. I went for a three mile walk with my 12 year old and our dog yesterday, in the rain. It was very refreshing!

I also live in WA - I've tried to convince my dog he doesn't need a walk when it is raining. He doesn't listen to reason, although he's not going out into the backyard to potty in the rain - that is apparently completely different than a walk.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Where there's a will, there's a way.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    According to the profile the OP lives in suburban San Diego. As others have said, walk in the rain, it has to be reasonably warm. If you don't want to be outside, I would bet there is a Super Wal-Mart, Home Depot or other large store you could walk around close to your house.

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inadequate clothing.

oh no, you're wrong.

pardon my bitterness. there's no such thing as bad weather maybe, but there is definitely such a thing as weather for which there is no clothing that's adequate.
  • Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    umbrella-motvion-800x600.gif

I'll be doing a lot of this in Atlanta

Do you ride the Silver Comet Trail?
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Me too skin is waterproof. The worst thing is setting off in the rain, once out its not that bad. Just the mind before makes it worse
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

oh no, you're wrong.

pardon my bitterness. there's no such thing as bad weather maybe, but there is definitely such a thing as weather for which there is no clothing that's adequate.

Sorry, but you are the one that is wrong. There are very few situations in inhabited parts of the world where clothing is not available to allow outdoor activities.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

oh no, you're wrong.

I wouldn't have agreed with you in the past, but we have had several sub zero events this winter and I've found I really don't like exercising outside when my nostrils tingle and I have to worry about frostbite. My dog doesn't like it much either and she can't tell me if her paws are freezing so I just assume they are under those circumstances. I guess I'm getting smarter (or wimpier) in my old age.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I bought $165 LL Bean Gortex pants st Goodwilll for $3.50.