Gallon a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I've upped my intake to to help feel satiated, not because I'm concerned about dehydration.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    I drink around 2.5-3 litres (around 7 pints) per day around 1.5 litres at work and another 1.5-2 litres at home/on way into work, if I am exercising might even have a bit more. It's a running joke between myself and my flatmate because I always have stacks of water bottle multi-packs in the house.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    A lot of the hype around water is just that...the "Adam Ruins Everything" made that clear. Love that show.

But I've found cutting out most of the beverages except water in my meals really reduced my calorie intake. And a warm water-based drink like coffee or tea can hit the spot when I really shouldn't have a larger snack.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    There really is a lot of hype around water, I don't monitor my water, I drink when I'm thirsty, but I also drink a lot of tea.
    The Pee chart posted is good info in general though.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've always been a big water drinker, since I was a teen (daily avg is 1+ gallons). There's an added benefit that people either forget or don't know about... staying properly hydrated acts as the 'fountain of youth' for your body. I'm in my 50s, and due to my regular water consumption, I have no wrinkles or crow's feet. None! When people hear my age, they want to know my skincare regime. I strongly believe that my decades of staying well hydrated works better than any cream or lotion.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    aflane wrote: »
    I've always been a big water drinker, since I was a teen (daily avg is 1+ gallons). There's an added benefit that people either forget or don't know about... staying properly hydrated acts as the 'fountain of youth' for your body. I'm in my 50s, and due to my regular water consumption, I have no wrinkles or crow's feet. None! When people hear my age, they want to know my skincare regime. I strongly believe that my decades of staying well hydrated works better than any cream or lotion.

This will mainly occur as a result of a combination of lucky genetics, limited sun exposure, not having been a smoker and to a degree, being overweight, if that applies to you. Drinking water does not "plump out" age-related wrinkles from the inside out - they will occur regardless.

Not saying that being hydrated isn't good for your body overall, because it is, and it may have a small benefit in keeping the skin a bit more elastic and less dry as opposed to someone who is chronically under-hydrated, but it hasn't been proven to have a direct effect on whether you get wrinkles or not. :)