I can't stop binging

2»

Replies

• duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    I have BED and I have gained about 40 pounds last year. I've struggled with it most of my life. I would suggest speaking with a therapist or psychiatrist. They can help you with either behavior modification or even medicine if they believe you need it. BED is nothing to mess around with and there is nothing wrong with at least talking to a professional.
  • nseidle1
    nseidle1 Posts: 7 Member
    It could be psychological but it can also be physical or it could be both. It could be your body wanting something that not being fulfilled. Especially since it sounds like you are depriving your body of what it needs. Binging isn't terrible if it's the right food like fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat those suckers till your heart's' content. It also sounds like you are trying to fill a void with food, and then you regret your decision that you ate a bunch. The constant cycle of starving yourself and then packing in the food is really unhealthy. You body will react to its starvation and say okay let's go into hibernation mode and store all the food we do get as fat so when you then decide to bing you are storing a lot of fat. There is nothing that's going to make and keep you healthy other than eating the right food like fruits and veggies and healthy proteins and working out. Fasts are temporary and are more destructive than helpful. Learn to love yourself and treat yourself how you should be treated.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    My cousin did the same thing!

Try drinking as much water as healthily possible. If you're going to binge and know it, aim for greens and low caloric foods until you can figure out what's going on.

Have there been any changes in family situations, relationship status, friendships, General drama, self loathing, etc? It is the internet, so please speak as freely as possible! Who knows, there may be someone with the right answers able to assist with your needs!

We can help! Message me if you'd like!

Did you even read the OP?.... OP has serious red flags for an eating disorder. I hardly think that this will help.