Ladies..totm weigh ins. Is yours affected?

Options
halimaiqbal00
halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I stuck to plan religiously eating at a deficit, clocked a lot of intense excercise calories and should've lost at least a pound this week. Instead, I'm up .5. I'm not beating myself up about it because I know I did everything right and can tell that my body looks better than last week too.

I'm curious, does your weight tend to fluctuate during totm?

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate up by about 1kg each month during menstruation. If I had more salt than usual or higher carb than usual, then I fluctuate up by as much as 2kg.

My weight graph looks like the records from a seismograph during a heavy earthquake with an added downward trend that would probably drive the geologists nuts trying to interpret... It's quite amusing to see sometimes and reassuring at the same time since I know that weight will usually be gone soon with a few friends to boot! :smile:
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Oh god yeh. Now my totm is twice a month.

When it was normal, I'd not weigh that week but continue with the deficit. WL will show up eventually.
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I gain 6lbs~ temporarily every time! I start retaining water the week before and don't lose the water until the party's over. The scale and I aren't friends for two entire weeks.

Upside is the whoosh at the end! :smiley:
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It'd be surprised if it didn't! I actually kinda like it because while you get a little up, when all is said and done it's like losing the initial water weight every month!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates around 5lbs during tom.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I gain around 5 lbs during that TOM
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Aren't we lucky
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    If you guys have access to it, you should try pamprin or midol. they both have a diuretic in them which i've found really reduces water-weight bloating.
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    If you guys have access to it, you should try pamprin or midol. they both have a diuretic in them which i've found really reduces water-weight bloating.

I'll have to put that on the list of things to ask for next time I go to the gyn. We're currently trying to figure out how to control my menorrhagia and she'd rather I not self-medicate with anything without validating it with her or my GP first until we have that under control.

But I will definitely bring it up! :smiley:
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

I'll have to put that on the list of things to ask for next time I go to the gyn. We're currently trying to figure out how to control my menorrhagia and she'd rather I not self-medicate with anything without validating it with her or my GP first until we have that under control.

It's a good idea! It can be found over the counter and is a mix of: acetominaphine (reduce pain and inflammation), Pamabrom (diuretic), and Pyrilamine maleate (bloating, cramps, muscle spasms, back pain).

Bring it up with your doc! :)
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

It's a good idea! It can be found over the counter and is a mix of: acetominaphine (reduce pain and inflammation), Pamabrom (diuretic), and Pyrilamine maleate (bloating, cramps, muscle spasms, back pain).

Bring it up with your doc! :)

Thanks for the details! :smiley:
  • fairytales75
    fairytales75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Erotyka wrote: »
    I gain 6lbs~ temporarily every time! I start retaining water the week before and don't lose the water until the party's over. The scale and I aren't friends for two entire weeks.

Upside is the whoosh at the end! :smiley:

I do the same.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My period is like this: The week before it seems like my body is clinging to every pound. I get pissed because WTF I'm not losing weight, but I only eat like 1250 calories a day. Screw this all to hell! And I seem to forget this lovely thing called womanhood because I am 42 and done having children and my period means nothing to me. NOTHING except a reminder that I get to suffer each month for no real reason.

Then one day, I wake up and KABLAAAAAMMMMM there it is. And then I'm like, "Well that explains EVERYTHING. How did I forget this giant volcano in my underpants? AGAIN." Then it all kind of flushes out of me like Mt. Vesuvius for four days while I feel like a bitchy death warmed over. I try and refrain from stuffing every last bit of food into my pie hole because only a burger the size of California will satisfy this hunger burning to my core.

Then it stops and everyone just forgets what mommy said to daddy after he ate all of the chicken tenders. Because somewhere along the way I will have lost 3 lbs.

In about 25 days I will be completely shocked once again at the rage of fire that evidently lives inside me.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I switched to Nexplanon for birth control, and ever since my TOM has been ghastly long (10. Days. I want to stab my uterus every time). During that time my weight has an initial upshot of 2-3 pounds a day or two into my TOM, and then it fluctuates the rest of the time. I'll lose half a pound, gain a pound the next day, then lose .2 pounds, louse .4 pounds, gain .4 pounds, etc. . . .

As pointed out above, however, the whoosh after it all is positively glorious. :D