Giving myself a little break

Options
MelanieCN77
MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
I didn't have as much weight to lose as a lot of pals on here, but I have been working diligently since last June to shed my excess. At 145 now I'm really close to my original goal of 139, down from mid 170s, but all of a sudden I'm feeling worn out on it. I've gone from keen to work out ten days ago to "well let's get this done I guess" and sort of begrudging logging and restricting a little. Before I get full on "*kitten* it!" I'm going to maintenance on calories for a week and I've also reduced my activity goals by about 50%. I've worked out a good half hour each day June through November and logging an hour a day minimum through today. In between home workouts I also play a full contact sport and my body is tired right now. I'm having trouble resting and slowing and clearly my body is telling me it needs a little break and so I am trying to listen. It's hard to slow down though. I'm aware this is like the opposite problem a lot of people come in here with but I am really wary of getting disordered in my thinking and constantly feeling like I have to maintain a certain level. I think this will be good for me but I'm also worried I won't get back to the loss routine.

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've got close to my goals twice on the past few Years, each time I've got fed up, gave up and piled it all back on again.
    This time, I'm very much planning to do exactly as you are. When I get fed up, I'm going to just cut back on the workouts and eat at maintenance. If I can just maintain, or even gain a very small amount, I'll be so much better off when I resume.

So, I can't offer any personal experience at all, but it sounds like a good idea to me!

Good luck!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys,I was mulling it over the last week and realised all I was doing was changing some numbers around and I was still in control. I woke up feeling more relaxed about my goals for the day, now to rest the body some!