Diet supplement or 'cold turkey'

Options
Are you taking something along with your diet and exercise?
Is the one you're taking working for you?

Replies

• QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The will definitely reduce your wallet. Do you not think if any of these supplements really worked there wouldn't be long lines to buy them and they'd be on the news?
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not taking any supplements. But I didn't go cold turkey either - and still don't. I eat better and more balanced, I eat less, and I exercise. And I splurge every once in a while so I don't feel deprived and go crazy.
  • Aylawade
    Aylawade Posts: 22
    Options
  • Aylawade
    Aylawade Posts: 22
    Options
    The will definitely reduce your wallet. Do you not think if any of these supplements really worked there wouldn't be long lines to buy them and they'd be on the news?

Exactly! Plus my fear is they will do more harm to the body than good.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Diet supplement as in weight loss pills? I'd advise against it. I tried some when I was younger and I felt like I was on speed
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I drink tons of ice water. I add lemon slices & green tea too it sometimes or I also add strawberries, lime, cucumber or cinnamon too. I also add cayenne pepper to a lot of my meals.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • toomanycats75
    Options
    High fiber intake makes all the difference in the world for me -- flaxseed, bran, lentils, beans, etc. -- works better than any supplement I've tried.
  • lisetteparks
    lisetteparks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I take iron tablets along with vitimin c for better absorption (diagnosed with low iron levels), fish oil, magnesium (because I was cramping up a lot) and I use whey powder to supplement protein.

Are you worried about anything in particular? In theory you should be able to get everything you need from a balanced diet. If you are worried that something is lacking or feeling tired all the time head to your doctor to get a blood test and check up.