Meal Prep Help

Options
Need some meal prep ideas. I struggle with eating the same thing everyday, but if it is something I like, I can do it. Chicken as an ingredient is ok (such as tacos) but I don't really care for whole chicken breast day in and day out. Any good ideas?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Write down a list of foods you love and enjoy. Write the cals/macros for each food. Plug and Play how you will eat this throughout the week. Create shopping list based on these foods you've written down. Pre-prep, prep, and enjoy.

:)
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crockpot? I do a lot of different types of chicken that way and it can be very versatile.

One of my favorites is buffalo chicken; it can be thrown in a salad, tortillas for tacos, or eaten alone.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You could try bulk cooking and then sticking some of it in the freezer. That way you don't have to eat the same thing every day, and on days where you don't feel like cooking from scratch (we all have them) you can pull something from the freezer and reheat.

Also, I plan all my meals for the week before I go shopping. By doing that I only buy what I need, waste less, am less likely to buy rubbish, and can make sure that I'm eating a variety e.g. one day meat free, fish on at least one day, chicken and pork on others.

All meat and fish freeze well so, again, buy in bulk, portion it, weigh it (I write the weight on the bag for pre-logging) and freeze it. Just need to remember to get out what you need for the day ahead of time!

Frozen veg is also a priceless standby. Sweetcorn, peas and peppers can be thrown into practically anything and are cooked in a matter of minutes.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Last night~
    Shake-n-bake boneless porkchop
    Mashed potatoes w/ packet gravy
    Green bean casserole (with cream of mushroom and French's onions)
    Total calories - 641

Last Sat~
    Angel Hair pasta (2oz)
    Butter w/ garlic (30g butter)
    Shrimp (145g raw)
    Baby carrots
    Total calories - 580

Just a couple of recent examples of complete meals.
    In addition to chicken, I eat fish, shrimp, pork, lean beef and venison.
    You really don't have to eat just chicken :smiley:
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    This is one of our favorites:

http://paleomg.com/enchilada-chicken-stew/

Another favorite is crockpot chicken tikka masala...chunk white meat in a red pepper-tomato-cream sauce...to die for.

If you Google "Paleo chicken recipes" you will discover a whole new world of ways to eat chicken and vegetables.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    cpurpero wrote: »
    Need some meal prep ideas. I struggle with eating the same thing everyday, but if it is something I like, I can do it. Chicken as an ingredient is ok (such as tacos) but I don't really care for whole chicken breast day in and day out. Any good ideas?

Checkout Pinterest, thousands of ideas for food prep, also if you have a kindle or an amazon account have a look through some of the free books I downloaded one not long back that 1500 recipes, you're bound to find something you like amongst them :smile:
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken just because I like it. But I cook it 100 different ways.
    buffalo chicken wraps
    chicken with spanish rice, cheese, and salsa
    chicken baked with broccoli and a cheese sauce (could also serve with rice)
    crustless pot pie
    normal pot pie
    chicken and dumplings

I mean there's really endless options.

I also like turkey. I use ground turkey for things like tacos and chili

Pork chops, pork loin, pulled pork. You can do BBQ or gravy, etc.

steak, roast.

I generally take an hour or 2 one day a week and stand in my kitchen. I look at the kinds of meats that I have/plan on buying. I put 1 for each day in my food diary to see calories/macros/etc. Then I go through and think of side dishes or veggies that could go with each thing. I live alone so I also take into account leftovers and I work those into the meals. and voila done. for the week
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @ Maybe1pe sounds yummy, Do you have any recipes???