Eating raw garlic

Options
narmin92
narmin92 Posts: 32 Member
I know garlic is very good for you and especially if it's eaten raw. I LOVE garlic but I can't eat it often because it leaves smell for at least the next day. So I only eat if I know I won't be going out the next day - which limits my days. Any tips on how to get rid of the bad garlic smell?

Replies

• jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten it raw. Maybe switch to a garlic supplement instead of eating it?
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    You can't get it out of the body for about 24-48 hours. All you can do is mask it. Chew peppermint gum and apply deodorant more frequently.

• omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Who cares about the smell, garlic is like medicine for the body I like dipping it in olive oil
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    A good clean gut will help. Try using a probiotic supplement and either chew fresh parsley, or take parsley extract capsules. There are products out there called 'internal deodorant' which are essentially the same thing - chlorophyll capsules (or liquid).

http://www.naturesway.com/Search?searchmode=anyword&searchText=chlorofresh
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    My brother ate raw garlic every day & when he sweat, it smelled awful lol
  • nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chew parsley after wash hands with lemon juice
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A few tips I've picked up:
    - slice the garlic clove lengthwise and remove the innermost section. (that where the most potent section is)
    - take chlorella tablets or mix in with smoothie. Chlorella is a natural body odor cleanser.
    - you can microwave them for a few seconds to a minute but then it's not raw.

Hope that helps. :)
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I never thought about that. I guess I've been stinking up everything without realizing it. Lmao
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I never thought about that. I guess I've been stinking up everything without realizing it. Lmao

LOL. Actually it doesn't happen to everyone. I can eat a truckload of garlic with no problems but my poor hubby eats one onion or garlic clove and he smells for days. Chlorella has helped him a lot!