Advice needed

Options
The so called weight loss journey.....been on it my whole life. I have been trying to become more aware. I have discovered I binge eat. This happens usually once a month and I am tying to figure out if it is horomones or when I am stressed about something. This is different than emotional eating, which I am. I am thinking its horomonal. Any advice?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That time of month is denoted as "shark week" by the women of this site. I am in awe of any who can stay in their calorie deficit through it. They do exist.
  • pattysanderson71
    pattysanderson71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It can, indeed, be related to hormones. I wrote this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10359984/women-menstrual-cycle-weight-and-fitness-matters/p1

You may want to read the section called But why do I get PMS hunger? What should I do about it?

If you are not already, I would suggest tracking your cycle. Even if it is not super regular, tracking can help you find certain patterns so that when you are moving through your cycle you can change your diet or sleep schedule or other behaviors if doing so seems to help. My cycle is all over the place (ranging from 20-64 days) but tracking still helps a bit. If yours aren't quite so irregular, it will probably help even more.