Husband Help

Options
2»

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It's actually not hard to go out to eat at all. You just have to be in the right mindset. I went to Red Robin last week, and was able to keep it under 500 calories! I had the simply grilled chicken breast - no bun, but kept the rabbit food - ordered honey mustard sauce to dip the chicken in, and a side of Italian to dip the "rabbit food" in - gave most of my fries to my daughter who gave me some of her apple slices.

I love going to steak houses too. 6 oz sirloin - baked potato with a little butter - sliced tomatoes with a side of Italian dressing.

A bariatric dietician told me if I focus on the protein, the fats/carbs will take care of themselves, and I've found that to be pretty accurate. It's all about choosing your protein first, then choosing your doom with carbs. Baked potatoes are better than fries or mashed potatoes. Try your luck with sweet potatoes too - they seem to be the rage these days.

Regarding your husband's lack of enthusiasm - it took my husband about 6 months to "jump on the wagon" with me. Remember this is your journey, not his. Don't wait for him to come along. Nobody likes change, and yes, nobody likes to change alone, but the world still turns whether we do it alone or whether those we wish to join us do or not.

The only thing you can do meanwhile is to do things that will make your life easier along the way.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    ibelevinme wrote: »
    I agree, Relser, I don't want to change him. Just me. My motivation for doing Keto/low carb is because I was looking for something that I could do. I'm 55 and sit behind a desk all day. If there are other options that I should try, please someone let me know. I need to lose the fat around my belly as it's the worst kind of fat to have. Thanks - keep the help coming :)

you cant spot reduce fat,it comes off where it wants and as long as you are in a calorie deficit it will come off eventually,doesnt matter what or how you eat,just have to be in a deficit. although Im not saying eat all the "junk food"(loosely labeled junk),but a deficit is what matters. I eat all kinds of carbs and lose fat(thanks to a deficit). Im 42 and it has taken me 4+ years to lose most of the belly fat. still have fat in other places but I had a LOT of it. if you want to eat low carb/keto thats fine and your choice. just make sure you are in a deficit as its not a special way of eating to lose weight.